- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Data Society is hiring a Data Analyst who is ready to play a crucial role within a rapidly growing and high-performing organization. In this new position, you will combine your knowledge of data mining, data preparation, and reporting to make value out of data for federal government and Department of Defense clients. You will partner with and build strong relationships with our clients' staff, and prepare and conduct analyses and studies, needs/gaps assessments.
In this role, you also will apply your knowledge to determine the accuracy and reasonableness of the data, recommendations, and solutions proposed. In addition, you will document and summarize results and develop and recommend solutions to the customer’s problems; and prepare big data, implement data models developed by others, and provide database support for customer solutions. As a key member of a data science project team, you will be supporting data scientists or other consultants in the performance of assigned tasks.
Who we are looking for
- Five (5) years relevant experience in applied data science research or big data analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research or other closely related scientific or technical discipline A Master’s degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience. A PhD may be substituted for experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data mining methods, databases, data visualization and machine learning.
- Ability to communicate analysis techniques, concepts and products.
- Ability to develop data-driven analysis and reports based on data visualizations and data models.
- Willingness to contribute to client capture, proposals writing, and other sales support.
- Located in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Northern Virginia area and ability to work onsite with clients.
Skills you bring
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of statistical concepts.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to work effectively across functions, levels and disciplines.
- Understanding of SQL, R and Python, and/or other programming languages.
- Knowledge of GSuite and MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong problems solving and critical thinking skills.
- Superior team-working skills, and a desire to learn, contribute, and explore.
- Holding a current security clearance is a plus, but is not required.
Who we are
Data Society is a rapidly-growing, DC-based, data science solutions, training, and software development firm that helps clients utilize their data more effectively to make better decisions. We provide customized training, software engineering, business process transformation, and predictive analytics engineering services to a variety of commercial, NGOs and government clients. Our clients span a variety of industries, but no matter the use case, what we bring is a structured, data-driven approach that unlocks insights from a variety of data sources and empowers new efficiencies, better client service, and higher quality decisions.
This position is client-facing and requires regular onsite work at client location(s) in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia area, based on client needs. Data Society has offices in downtown Washington DC, conveniently located between the McPherson and Farragut North Metro station.
Why you should apply
Competitive pay, dynamic environment, opportunity for growth and learning new skills. We foster a collaborative work space where individuals can flourish and make an impact on how the company functions. We know that our team is the reason we are so successful - that’s why we focus on an inclusive culture that allows for flexibility and a comfortable environment so you can enjoy your time outside of work as much as your time at work.
At Data Society, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Data Society does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Data Society employees or any other company location. Data Society is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Data Society