Direct Mail Systems is looking for a Forklift Operator to join our 2nd shift team! The hours would be from 6pm-6am on a rotating schedule.
Responsible for loading and unloading trailers, moving materials to and from various areas and production machines, as required. Ensure the correct strapping, wrapping and banding of the mail based upon postal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Load and unload trailers of incoming and outgoing material using a fork truck.
2. Load skids into racks using reach trucks.
3. Provide materials to staging area, shipping department, sample requests and recycling trailers.
4. Perform physical inventories and quality checking of all materials. Repack materials and utilize floor scale to verify counts.
5. Strap trays, wrap skids, and band pallets of mail per established procedures. Locate, move and condense mail, as required.
6. Check the schedule and get recap from master recap stand. Read recap thoroughly check job as to accuracy, reporting any error or discrepancy to the department supervisor immediately. Fill out correct documentation, such as, machine sheet, shortage reports, meters.
7. Pull materials to machine. Verify the operator has the correct materials. If the material is the start of a new job in the bindery department, put one copy of the master recap with the role at the machine.
8. Continuously move correct material from the warehouse or staging area to the machines in a timely manner, ensuring machine operators do not run out of material. Advance order material through kanbans system.
9. Move the leftover materials from the machines back to the appropriate warehouse location. A recap must accompany all leftovers. Remove all binding straps from the skid of materials and open boxes when necessary and dispose of properly. Condense all skids with the same material.
10. Maintain production standards.
11. Coordinate label requirements to ensure batches and tiers of sort are run in correct mail date order.
12. Perform light maintenance and custodial duties, as required.
13. Keep the dock area neat and clean. Keep work area and warehouse clean and organized to provide a safe work environment.
14. Comply with company rules and regulations.
15. Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
16. Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce cost and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
17. Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
18. Perform other related duties, as required, to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
High school diploma or GED plus 1-2 years experience in operating a forklift, or equivalent.
Good organizational skills • Ability to operate a forklift • Ability to operate Raymond reach truck • Ability to follow procedures and documents