File Transfer Specialist
Data-Mail, Inc. Newington, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide support services to assist the Compu-Data organization in the preparation, running and cleanup of production job mailing data. Most functions require the continuous interactions with data processing specialists, team leaders, production programmers, production programmer analyst, and print operators, as well as the Data-Mail account services team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Duties may involve one or more of the following:
2. Process per data processing request system specifications the mapping, data dump, and field specific record counts against all required data files
3. Run production jobs per data processing request system and programmer specifications.
4. Process regularly scheduled jobs upon receipt of data processing request system or File Transfer Department Task List instructions.
5. Manage the pre-determined data retrieval schedule and processing for client data.
6. Perform programmer data file restores upon request using the online catalog system
7. Perform analysis and conversion on client supplied delimited files to make ready for production.
8. Perform the required operations to move client data across platforms per File Transfer and Security Department specifications.
9. Submit, monitor and distribute output for all data processing jobs.
10. Maintain Media Library organization and accuracy through the online catalog system and physical verification process.
11. Maintain the appearance of the Media Library room
12. Produce required documents and update billing files necessary for client billing based on all job specific activities.
13. Perform required security task for the File Transfer Department when needed
14. Work Overtime when required
15. Comply with company rules and regulations.
16. Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
17. Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce costs and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
18. Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
19. Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
- High School diploma plus 3-4 years’ experience in the computer field or equivalent.
- College level course work and/or related experience preferred.
- Requires strong PC navigational skills
- Requires the ability to multi-task when needed
- Has experience uploading or downloading files
- Has experience with data file encryption applications (ie; PGP, Zip)
· Knowledge of computer media identification and handling
· In-depth knowledge of laser personalization operations
· In-depth knowledge of file transmissions
· In-depth knowledge of file formats and data manipulation utilities
We are now one of the largest employers in the Hartford, CT metropolitan region with over 800 employees working across three shifts and we support some of the largest companies and advertising agencies in the country including Blue Chip companies in Financial Services, Retail, Publishing, Healthcare, Insurance, Telecom, and High-Tech – many companies and brands you would recognize immediately.
Our Windsor facility is itself the largest Post Office between New York and Boston.
Nevertheless we remain family owned and operated and true to our roots, which means we provide an exceptional level of customer service and quality for every customer. We are financially stable and continue to grow and invest in our company. In 2012 we completed an addition of 40,000 sq feet to our Windsor facility to accommodate the growth of our business. We also added additional offset equipment and a second Océ Jetstream digital inkjet printer in addition to numerous insertion and bindery equipment upgrades.
240 Hartford AvenueNewington, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Data-Mail, Inc.