- Posted: 10 days ago
Data-Mail is a family owned company that was established in 1971 in Newington, CT as a leading national print and lettershop helping companies in a variety of industries with their personalization and direct mail services. We are now one of the largest employers in the Hartford, CT metropolitan region with over 800 employees working across two facilities and multiple shifts. Our services support some of the largest companies and advertising agencies in the country.
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401K Matching Program
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Weekly Pay
- Career Advancement Opportunities
We are currently seeking an energetic, hardworking experienced Production Manager to join our team!
Provide direction and facilitate, through supervisory staff, mail production activities, including inserting, bindery, scheduling and mechanics, to safely, efficiently and effectively achieve customer mailing and quality requirements in accordance with the goals and objectives of the company.
12 hour night shift 6:00pm-6:00am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establish production priorities in conjunction with scheduling with regard to delivery, quality and cost.
2. Optimize production, utilization of personnel, machines and equipment. Review and analyze production efficiency, losses and quality on a routine basis. Determine causes and costs of nonconformance and implement corrective action as authorized to improve performance. Establish, in conjunction with management, production and quality standards. Assist in the preparation of department budgets.
3. Communicate daily job responsibilities, objectives and priorities to supervisory staff. Provide follow-up activity to ensure appropriate communication and job instruction reaches all levels of personnel. Communicate and coordinate material and mechanical requirements with the respective managers. Establish and maintain effective transfer of shift operations to the next shift managers. Ensure standard operating procedures are followed.
4. Determine and request approval for proper staffing to achieve production and quality requirements and to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. Determine and recommend need for overtime. Communicate plans to supervision and coordinate coverage. Monitor overtime efficiency. Coordinate leaves of absence and vacations to ensure production levels are properly maintained.
5. Responsible for creating a positive employee relations atmosphere. Provide proper training and tools to employees. Working with supervision, responsible for the timely evaluation and disposition of new employees. Responsible for ensuring each employee has an annual performance review and is provided feedback on an ongoing basis. Manage labor relations issues. Seek help and guidance as required. Communicate issues to human resources and manager. Develop a succession plan within the organization.
6. Responsible for compliance with health and safety regulations. Report safety problems and follow up with the appropriate managers to solve the problems.
7. Comply with company rules and regulations.
8. Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
9. Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce cost and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
10. Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
11. Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
• Four-year college degree plus 4 years of related experience or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate with all levels in a culturally diverse work environment
• Ability to motivate personnel to perform at a quality level, yet be able to discipline as necessary in a consistent and fair approach
• Knowledge of computers
• Good analytical ability
ManufacturingView all jobs at Data-Mail, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?