- Posted: over a month ago
LOCATION: NEWINGTON, CT (On site, not hybrid, not remote)
Work Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 11:30 pm - 7:30 am
Provide direction and facilitate, through supervisory staff, mail production activities to safely, efficiently and effectively achieve customer mailing and quality requirements in accordance with the goals and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish production priorities in conjunction with the scheduling department with regard to delivery, quality and cost. Provide feedback to scheduling department regarding any substantial delays or revisions due to equipment failure or operating problems and notify operations management.
- Optimize production, utilization of personnel, machines and equipment. Review and analyze production efficiency, losses and quality on a routine basis. Determine causes and costs of nonconformance and implement corrective action as authorized to improve performance. Establish, in conjunction with management, production and quality standards. Assist in the preparation of department budgets.
- Communicate daily job responsibilities, objectives and priorities to supervisory staff. Provide follow-up activity to ensure appropriate communication and job instruction reaches all levels of personnel. Communicate and coordinate material and mechanical requirements with the respective managers. Establish and maintain effective transfer of shift operations to the night shift managers. Ensure standard operating procedures are followed.
- Determine and request approval for proper staffing to achieve production and quality requirements and to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. Determine and recommend need for overtime. Communicate plans to supervision and coordinate coverage. Monitor overtime efficiency. Coordinate leaves of absence and vacations to ensure production levels are properly maintained.
- Responsible for creating a positive employee relations atmosphere. Provide proper training and tools to employees. Working with supervision, responsible for the timely evaluation and disposition of new employees. Responsible for ensuring each employee has an annual performance review and is provided feedback on an ongoing basis. Manage labor relations issues. Seek help and guidance as required. Communicate issues to human resources and manager. Develop a succession plan within the organization.
- Responsible for compliance with health and safety regulations. Report safety problems and follow up with the appropriate managers to solve the problems.
- Comply with company rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
- Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce cost and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
- Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
- Four-year college degree plus 4 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in a culturally diverse work environment
- Ability to motivate personnel to perform at a quality level, yet be able to discipline as necessary in a consistent and fair approach
- Knowledge of computers
- Good analytical ability
ManufacturingView all jobs at Data-Mail, Inc.