Yard General Labor - Birmingham
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Yard General Labor
APPLY ONLINE TODAY: www.darrellwalkerworkforce.com
Hourly Rate: $17.00
Job Status: Full Time - Temp-to-Hire
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular
Amount of Travel Required: None
Day Shift Positions- 6:00am- 3:00pm (Variable schedules with weekend shifts required)
Perform grounds and yard maintenance duties; requiring climbing on and off equipment to complete various tasks. Support equipment operators providing safety signals to help load and unload the product in a timely manner; Maintain cleanliness and order of the yard and work area, providing inspection duties as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement; To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform pre and post trips on equipment inspection as directed
• Container transfer between modes of transportation with use of hostler / capacity
• Operate equipment in a safe manner and in accordance to all company policies
• Perform Ground duties – required to climb on and off equipment and trailers as needed.
- Heavy lifting and movement of product or freight required
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. • Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Hostler/Capacity (Yard Dog) experience preferred
- Yard Jockey / Spotter Truck experience preferred
- Tractor Trailer Experience and knowledge required at preferred
Clear Criminal Background
Valid, current drivers’ license
Pass a pre-employment drug screen & Subject to random testing
- Familiar with CFR 49 regulations
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Yard
Steel toe Boots required
Ability to lift greater than 40lbs regularly
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, bend frequently
Position is outside in weather elements
*For details please phone Sheila McCutcheon 205-508-5511*
*Qualified Applicants must be 19 years of age or older, have HSD or GED, and must pass background screening and drug testing.
Darrell Walker WorkForce is an EEO Employer. Except where permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Darrell Walker Workforce is an industry leader in the fields of Executive Recruitment, Professional Career Placement, Temp Staffing, and Payroll Services.
Our Alabama owned and operated Staffing Agency offers several employment opportunities, including Full & Part Time Jobs, Direct Hire and our Temp-to-Hire plan.
Darrell Walker WorkforceWhy Work Here?
Fantastic work environment with a family oriented mentality for its employees
Integrity. Professionalism. Quality Service. Darrell Walker Workforce is an industry leader in the fields of Executive Recruitment, Professional Career Placement, Temp Staffing, and Payroll Services. Our Alabama owned and operated Staffing Agency offers several employment opportunities, including Full & Part Time Jobs, Direct Hire and our Temp-to-Hire plan.
1976 Gadsden Highway Ste 210Bessemer, AL