Industrial Maintenance Technician
$23.00 – $25.00 per hour- Direct Hire Opportunity
APPLY TODAY: www.darrellwalkerworkforce.com
First Shift with ability to work any shift as needed.
Full Job Description
Under general supervision, sets up, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide variety of machinery and equipment.
Essential Job Functions of Maintenance Technician:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, push, pull and climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion; maneuver heavier objects with assistance.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including respirators, dust masks, gloves and/or clothing during performance of assigned duties in accordance with company policy and applicable regulations.
- Must be available for overtime and work weekends when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities of Maintenance Technician:
- Sets up, tests, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and modifies a wide variety of mechanical machinery and equipment including rotary packaging machines, cartoners, case erectors/sealers, conveyors, checkweighers, hoppers, augers and dust collectors; discusses operating problems with supervisors and users.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electrical systems and equipment such as programmable logic controls, motors, transformers, lights, relays, fused circuits and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, repairs and replaces components in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance, including inspections, lubrication and adjustments.
- Performs limited welding, cutting, sawing, grinding and machining of parts.
- Measures, tests and inspects completed work to confirm adherence to specifications.
- Regularly inspects NPC property to ensure all machinery, equipment and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintains accurate records of work performed and parts and materials used.
- Studies production schedules and recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and product quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of use, adjustment and care of test equipment and hand and power tools common to the trade.
- Follows proper safety procedures and complies with company policies. This includes GMP and safety regulations.
- Follows good housekeeping practices and maintains an organized work environment.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, manuals and work orders.
- Understands and follows oral and written directions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Stays abreast of new maintenance technology by attending seminars and/or training classes as needed.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to management and/ or Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications and Requirements of Maintenance Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a high speed environment.
- Experience in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, electrical and electronics, including a good working knowledge of PLC’s.
- Must be able to understand, read and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
*Qualified Applicants must be 19 years of age or older, have HSD or GED, and must pass background screening and drug testing.
Darrell Walker WorkForce is an EEO Employer. Except where permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Darrell Walker Workforce is an industry leader in the fields of Executive Recruitment, Professional Career Placement, Temp Staffing, and Payroll Services.
Our Alabama owned and operated Staffing Agency offers several employment opportunities, including Full & Part Time Jobs, Direct Hire and our Temp-to-Hire plan.
Darrell Walker Workforce
Why Work Here?Integrity. Professionalism. Quality Service. Darrell Walker Workforce is an industry leader in the fields of Executive Recruitment, Professional Career Placement, Temp Staffing, and Payroll Services. Our Alabama owned and operated Staffing Agency offers several employment opportunities, including Full & Part Time Jobs, Direct Hire and our Temp-to-Hire plan.
Fantastic work environment with a family oriented mentality for its employees