Truck Mechanic - NEW Higher Starting Pay! $23 - $28 DOE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Truck Mechanic is responsible for keeping all vehicles in the fleet roadworthy and ready for service when needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Performs all preventive maintenance and repair work necessary on fleet vehicles.
- Reviews driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Responsible for checking each truck each morning.
- Responsible for compiling the work schedule in the truck shop and complete any documentation on maintenance records.
- Maintains clean environment.
- Maybe required to answer roadside calls for disabled vehicles.
- Responsible for being familiar with and observing all company safety rules and regulations; recognizes that safety is top company priority; attends regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience with vehicular mechanical maintenance.
- Vocational training preferred.
- Detail oriented; highly organized.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated.
- Good math and computer skills.
- A/C and Brake Certification
- Basic Component Replacement
- Knowledge in Diesel/Gasoline powered engine and power-train mechanics
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors and high heat and cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Darling Ingredients Inc.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Darling Ingredients Inc.