The Operator is responsible for the operation of the computer controlled process equipment, cooker, machinery, and evaluation of any process problems in addition to performing product quality testing.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Oversees rendering process from raw material bin to finished goods storage.
- Maintain steady flow of material to cooker.
- Maintain cooker temperature, rate, and steam at peak operating levels.
- Monitor evaporation rate to maintain rate per hour according to requirements.
- Control flow of material to presses and to finished goods storage.
- Monitor control panel and various gauges to accomplish process.
- Operate pollution control system including air/odor control system and wastewater control.
- Responsible for boiler start up and operation.
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance on all equipment in process.
- Monitor machinery; bring all problems to attention of manager.
- Assures equipment and work area is clean after each shift.
- Maintains safety as top priority in accordance with all company safety rules and regulations.
- Minimum one (1) year prior work experience in a rendering facility or production environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical rendering process preferred.
- Chemical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Good mechanical aptitude and equipment troubleshooting; skilled in general mechanics and safe operation of equipment.
- Basic math skills; ability to compute decimals and percentages.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Ability to deal with minor problems involving equipment or various situations.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Frequently must push, pull, move or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors, and high heat and/or cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Job Posted by ApplicantPro