- Posted: 26 days ago
The Electrician is responsible for performing electrical work in control cabinets, panel boards, etc., wiring/rewiring of electrical cabinets and electrical components, running conduit, writing programs and install in PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Responsible for the installation of electrical hardware or software or the electrical wiring of selected devices in accordance with state and local codes.
- Responsible for the electrical start-ups of new, used or modified equipment and generate new or modify existing operating instructions as it pertains to electrical items.
- Aid and assist in the layout design of construction and troubleshooting of electrical components.
- Installation/replacement and setup of motor control equipment (starters, breakers, transformers) including VFDs, Soft Starts.
- Perform calibrations on electrical components when needed, such as level transmitters, chart recorders, control valves, and temperature/pressure transmitters.
- Responsible for the programming and installation of PLCs and the drawing interpretation of ladder logic diagrams to match such.
- Keep work areas clean on a daily basis. (All wire, conduit, raceways, etc.) All should be stored in a clean, safe manner.
- Responsible for company issued tools. (ex: benders, punches, labeler, drills, etc., are to be cleaned and stored when not in use)
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2-3 years Understanding of Ladder Logic and programming of PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) and working knowledge of A-B control systems.
- 3-5 years Prior electrical background required.
- Good working knowledge of PLC's and programming.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude.
- Occasionally lift 100 lbs.
- Frequently twists, tug, pull and stretch.
- Occasional long hours required during change-outs/switch-over.
- Constant travel required; flying and driving to the jobsites.
Job functions will be carried out in plant environments and/or in personal vehicle as required. Temperature will fluctuate depending on outside conditions.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Darling Ingredients Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Darling Ingredients Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?