Cloud Systems Engineer
Darling Ingredients Inc. Irving, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Cloud System Engineer will join the Data Center team and help to shape the Azure and OCI, IaaS and PaaS future of Darling Ingredients on a global scale. By solving thought-provoking problems and using next generation technologies in our journey to build out our IaaS based backend and transition to a PaaS infrastructure. Will focused on evangelizing cloud potential and providing value through automation to transform slow to real-time, cluttered to standardized, complex to simple. Will partner with other teams to re-invent and automate IT and will be given an opportunity to show true potential and has the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery with strong emphasis on automation.
- Enterprise level experience with cloud-based technologies such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Design and implement secure IaaS or PaaS solutions and reference architectures, based on organization, business and application requirements.
- Design highly available, scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure using proven frameworks and tools.
- Present design proposals and final state documentation.
- Manage projects from design phase up to operational support and user acceptance.
- Manage and support Azure, OCI and VMware platforms.
- Install and maintain Server OS (Linux, Windows) and configurations using automated installation and Configuration Management tools.
- Provide infrastructure for Microsoft SQL and Oracle Databases.
- Patch and software deployment with SCCM.
- Automate IaaS and PaaS through cloud native tools, Powershell, Bash and Ansible.
- Implement CIS security controls on Server & Cloud platforms as specified by the Cyber Security team.
- Provide Infrastructure lifecycle management.
- Monitor and optimize the performance and cost of Data Center infrastructures.
- Participate in project related, national and international site visits.
- Participate in global infrastructure support during and after office hours.
- Perform all work using our incident and change management processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience managing & supporting Linux (preferable RHEL 6+ and Oracle Linux 6+).
- 5+ years of experience managing and supporting Windows 2008 up to 2019.
- 5+ years of experience managing and supporting a multi data center VMware virtualized environment and configuring systems for maximum performance and operating flexibility.
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS, OCI, Colocation Data Centers or equivalent cloud-based IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS.
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing projects to deploy complex systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with Oracle Applications: EBS, JDE, Hyperion Weblogic.
- Analytical mindset and able to match technological solutions to business requirements with attention to detail.
- Able to work independently or within a team.
- Technology driven without losing sight on the requirements or use case.
- Experience with using basic project management and status reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Hands-on experience in deploying and troubleshooting high performance systems.
- Experience in scripting and automation: SCCM, Bash, Ansible and PowerShell.
- Ability to conduct research into networking and system issues with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experienced in working with vendors of managed services.
- Excellent technical writing and technical documentation ability.
- Ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend, and kneel.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally with valid passport and driver's license.
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs.
- Long periods spent sitting at desk in front of computer screen.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- Job functions will be carried out in an office environment with an occasional visit to a production facility.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Darling Ingredients Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Darling Ingredients Inc.