Assistant Plant Manager
- Expired: August 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire plant operation that processes raw materials into highly quality products; ensures that equipment and buildings are sanitary and in good repair with a direct report to the Plant Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Maintains efficient and timely flow of all raw materials received.
- Responsible for maintaining hourly schedules beginning to end.
- Monitors performance of individuals to ensure that procedures are being held to highest standards.
- Controls vendor pricing by comparing prices with value, service, and quality among competition.
- Plans stock orders to minimize time and money spent on emergency ordering.
- Responsible for the quality of all finished products and determines any reason for loss of quality.
- Responsible for supervising job performance of maintenance and production personnel as well as all the maintenance duties of equipment and buildings that are used to process raw material.
- Keeps all maintenance work and associated records up-to-date.
- Responsible for being familiar with and observing all Company safety rules and regulations, recognizes safety as top Company priority and conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Conducts investigation of accidents that occur within jurisdiction and makes recommendations to Plant Safety Committee.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of prior supervisory/management experience in an industrial or plant setting.
- 3+ years of experience working in an industrial/manufacturing facility.
- Rendering industry experience a definite plus.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Detail oriented; highly organized.
- Ability to work well with internal staff and employees.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated.
- Good math and computer skills.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser:
Darling Ingredients Inc.
2155 N Mosley StWichita, KS
ManufacturingView all jobs at Darling Ingredients Inc.