Darkroom is a digital growth agency building legendary e-commerce companies and digital experiences. We are a team of industry leading marketers and best-in-class creatives building LAs fastest-growing marketing agency. We are looking to add exceptional individuals to our Downtown LA-based team.
As a Retention Marketing Expert at Darkroom, you will be responsible for handling large scale email & SMS marketing campaigns from development to execution across a wide variety of industries throughout e-commerce (cannabis, CBD, fashion, consumer goods, and more).
The ultimate objective of our retention marketing team is to grow as a team and scale our clients revenue by delivering personalized communications across multiple platforms.
What you will do:
- Looking for an experienced retention marketer
- Intimate knowledge of the retention landscape for related industries: fashion e-commerce, B2B, and CBD/cannabis
- Ability to work within a team setting, both remote and in-office
- Learn and understand each clients unique brand voice so you can speak to their audiences in the most effective way possible.
- Understand the full-scope marketing funnel and how lifecycle integrates seamlessly with paid media and other channels
- Brainstorm customer acquisition, campaign content, and segmentations independently or alongside other team members.
- Optimize existing email automations with frequent multi-variant a/b testing of subject lines, time of send, content, etc.
- Proof and QA campaigns to ensure 100% error free execution.
- Utilize each clients email list to launch and grow SMS marketing.
- Establish targeting strategies based on segmented customer lifecycles.
- Optimize existing SMS automations with frequent multi-variant a/b testing of subject lines, time of send content, etc.
- Curate personalized SMS automations + campaigns that integrate seamlessly with ongoing email automations + campaigns.
- BA or equivalent
- 1+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or freelancing environment.
- 1+ years experience of handling your own clients/accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Excellent taste and aesthetic skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Adobe Photoshop/Canva experience is a plus.
- Ready to take initiative and find solutions when given little direction.
- Understanding of digital marketing principles, specifically email marketing best practices.
- Knowledge of Klaviyo (must) and other email marketing automation tools like Mailchimp (plus).
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress a plus.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and optimizing complex email programs to meet business goals.
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in house studio)
- Opportunity to help shape the company
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
- No face-time culture - results are what matter!
Why work at Darkroom
- Competitive salary based on experience level.
- Unlimited Vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients
- Join a team making waves in the marketing space
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000