Are you a fast learner who enjoys fast-paced work? Are you great at problem solving and troubleshooting? Do you love to work with computers and gain exposure to new platforms? Do you live in the the greater Philadelphia area? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we’d love to see your resume! Please read on for details about our Field Technician role.
We’re looking for a technician who is comfortable building productive, professional relationships with clients in person and via phone and email, has stellar time management skills, and a serious knack for finding solutions. On our team you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of products and services because we assist our clients with technical problems concerning everything from hardware to software, peripheral equipment like phones and printers, specialized dental imaging products, and more. In addition, we manage routine maintenance and installations for our clients all over the United States. Plus, our company began with a fully dispersed staff, so we’re great at supporting our remote team members!
Our main office is in Syracuse, NY, but a large portion of our staff work remotely. As a remote Field Technician based in the Philadelphia area, you will be working from the comfort of your home with frequent travel to dental offices in the region. This dynamic role necessitates someone who is a highly effective communicator with proven reliability, is strongly independent, and, most importantly, is personable and enjoys collaborating with a team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to work from home in the Philadelphia area and travel regularly to clients in your region
- Provide excellent customer service via phone, remote, and on-site technical support
- Able to walk clients through diagnostic procedures to identify and resolve errors
- Communicate with vendors to request service, update, and resolve open tickets
- Proven time management skills
- Adhere to established methods for responding to and documenting support requests
- Perform maintenance tasks on end user devices.
- Provide ongoing user training and self-fix solutions to clients
- Set up, trouble shoot, and configure PCs, printers, peripherals & network equipment
- Handle technical requests such as password resets, drive mapping, and user accounts setup
- Run network lines, punch down cable, and terminate RJ45 connections
- Provide after hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule
- Work as part of a close-knit team to deliver the best possible service to our clients and their vendors via on-site and remote support
- Perform Tier 1 troubleshooting, configuration, and administration pertaining to clients’ printers, wireless network configuration, server based print queues, antivirus and firewall programs, Microsoft Windows 7 and newer operating systems, Microsoft Office 2010 and newer; Microsoft Office 365; Apple OS, and more.
- Education relating to information technology or computer science preferred
- Customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience in an IT support-related role