*** Military and Government Friendly Employer ***
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
· Seven (7) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
· Additional Professional Certifications (per DoD 8570 or software engineering related).
· Military service.
What You’ll Get to Do:
· Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
· Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features.
· Debug existing software and corrects defects.
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
· Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
· Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
· Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
· Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
· Write or review software and system documentation.
· Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
· Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
· Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
· Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
· Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in the following areas:
· Software design and engineering..
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· Background in applied Software Engineering and Design.
· MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, Cybersecurity or related disciplines.
· Works well in a small team environment.
Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
We are based in Northern Virginia with personnel supporting Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DOD) customers in CONUS and OCONUS locations. Darkblade leadership is comprised of prior military intelligence and special operations personnel with diverse complex operations experience. Many Darkblade employees have served proudly in the U.S. Military, and all continue to support the military and intelligence communities in their civilian efforts.
Darkblade Systems Corporation is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing scientific, engineering, technical, operational support, and training services to Federal government and Commercial clients. These specialties include development and design services for hardware and software systems fulfilling the mission needs of the Department of Defense and Intelligence Communities and full spectrum project and program support, including planning, training, management, and technical evaluation.