*** Military and Government friendly employer ***
Darkblade Systems is seeking a SQL Database Administrator (TS/SCI) at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD experienced at implementing servers from initial requirements through operations. Requires a TS/SCI security clearance.
- DBA is responsible for knowledge and proficiency with enterprise database technology (e.g., Relational, SQL database, In-Memory databases, NoSQL databases and new emerging databases).
- Provide database and administration support for standard database software, to include Microsoft SQL.
- Perform local database administration for standard database software and develop, field, and support database applications.
- Perform database builds, reorganizations, maintenance, tuning, backups, restorations, and query design.
- Control access permissions and privileges. Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Ensure appropriate patches are implemented on database servers for operating system and database software.
- Create database implementation and documentation defining database requirements and implementation standards to migrate from legacy access database system.
- Prepare and implement database test plans to ensure functionality in test and production phases of database development.
- Conduct capacity planning. Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Design and implement management system for use within the customer facility to include data and lifecycle management, chain of custody, reporting and analytics, and web services interface.
- Provide technical support for various Unclassified and Classified SharePoint sites, to include controlling access permissions, and managing data repositories.
- Background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Federal Sector MS SQL DBA experience
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
We are based in Northern Virginia with personnel supporting Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DOD) customers in CONUS and OCONUS locations. Darkblade leadership is comprised of prior military intelligence and special operations personnel with diverse complex operations experience. Many Darkblade employees have served proudly in the U.S. Military, and all continue to support the military and intelligence communities in their civilian efforts.
Darkblade Systems Corporation is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing scientific, engineering, technical, operational support, and training services to Federal government and Commercial clients. These specialties include development and design services for hardware and software systems fulfilling the mission needs of the Department of Defense and Intelligence Communities and full spectrum project and program support, including planning, training, management, and technical evaluation.