Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work as part of an Information Technology (IT) Operations Team responsible for standing-up and maintaining one or more production Operations Centers (OC). The team will support the technical infrastructure of a complex Windows Server-based ecosystem that leverages cloud resources and cutting-edge technologies. Given the customer’s critical mission, the team may need to flex to evolving requirements to ensure efficient, secure operations and successful business outcomes.
This position is located in the Tysons Corner, VA area and will require limited travel, approximately two 1–2-week long trips for training and collaborative solution development. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for planning, deploying, configuring, and maintaining all networking, conferencing, and associated equipment. The selected candidate will manage all connections with other networks, including customer networks and data centers, and will respond to any associated trouble tickets for this equipment. The job requirements may include but not be limited to the following:
- Planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, and patching IT networking equipment and processes in accordance with end-customer requirements including: power supply units, hard drives, internal network, links to data centers, links to customer networks
- Collaborating with other team members and the customer to plan and execute product and software releases, including working with third-party vendors to test bug fixes and new driver patches
- Collecting and reviewing audit logs in accordance with end-customer requirements and security requirements
- Supporting automation initiatives to scale, improve, and maintain operations
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer networking
- Analyzing hardware, software, and networking systems
- Designing and implementing scalable networks according to customer specifications
- Experience in analyzing system-level test results and creating and executing Quality Assurance (QA) test plans to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with networks, hardware, and software
- Performing speed and security tests on installed networks
- Applying network security upgrades
- Upgrading/replacing hardware and software systems when required
- Creating and presenting networking reports
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco 93180 switches, Dell Precision desktop, HP DL360 servers
- Working knowledge of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Experience in analyzing Wireshark packet captures to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with others
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- US citizenship and an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience with Win 2022 DC, Win 11, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) VMs
- Experience with Hyper-V VMs, AD (DNS, DHCP, Authentication), ADFS (IAM), WSUS, WDS, Windows back-up, Windows Defender, BitLocker, ServiceNow
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or equivalent certification
- Experience in product performance testing or QA
- Experience in working with requirements tracking software, such as JIRA
- Experience with software defined networking (SDN) controllers from Cisco or Juniper
- Experience with ICD 503 and systems accreditation support software, such as Xacta 360
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
We support a diverse portfolio of solutions and services for Defense, Intelligence, and Fortune 500 customers. Our team comprises analysts, support officers, and experienced engineers and integrators with hands-on expertise across many of the most relevant COTS, GOTS, and open source technologies. We also regularly compete in premier competitions, with an increasing number of black badges such as wins at BSides DC (2016 and 2018) and DEFCON (2017).
Dark Wolf SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Join the Pack
Dark Wolf Solutions operates at the nexus of mission and technology to meet our Nation's most challenging missions. We combine the most innovative emerging technologies with deep federal domain expertise through cutting-edge intelligence services, DevSecOps agile software development, information operations, penetration testing and incident response, applied research and rapid prototyping, machine learning, and engineering services. We support a diverse portfolio of solutions and services for Defense, Intelligence, and Fortune 500 customers. Our team comprises analysts, support officers, and experienced engineers and integrators with hands-on expertise across many of the most relevant COTS, GOTS, and open source technologies. We also regularly compete in premier competitions, with an increasing number of black badges such as wins at BSides DC (2016 and 2018) and DEFCON (2017).
AddressTysons Corner, VA