Since 2007, Dark Heart Nursery (DHN) has specialized in cultivating high quality clones for growers across Northern California. Our years of experience allow us to produce premium clones from both popular and emerging genetic lines that perform well in a variety of settings.
The Inventory Specialist will manage inventory, order placement, customer order communications, and delivery logistics from in house. The candidate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service while communicating inventory availability and scheduling deliveries. We are looking for a confident individual who can represent Dark Heart Industries with a high degree of integrity. The candidate will also oversee compliance verification, order processing, database management, inventory management, and order scheduling.
Dark Heart’s sales and distribution team is a highly motivated group in the fast paced, constantly changing cannabis industry. Applicants must have at least two years of inventory management experience. Applicants must be at least 21 and able to pass a background check.
Inventory Specialist Skills
- Accurately count, record, and input on-hand inventory into spreadsheets
- Maintain complex inventory spreadsheets with an ability to update, recreate, and fix issues
- Properly allocate inventory to various customer accounts
- Support logistics and route planning
- Create and edit customer invoices and shipping manifests
- Manage customer orders for all Dark Heart Nursery products, including creation of delivery routes and schedules
- Responsible for ensuring that all company procedures with regard to transaction compliance are fully and faithfully carried out
- Track key customer contacts and engagements in customer relationship management (CRM) tool
- Follow up with customer issues and complaints and escalate to management as needed
- Forecast and track key account product metrics
- Identify and inform Dark Heart management, sales and marketing of opportunities within customer base
- Routinely monitor and respond to customer inquires
- Manage home-grower pre-order system through dispensary partners
- Provide backup for others in the sales department; able to perform all roles in the department and can fill in for all staff
- Promote goodwill and convey a positive image for Dark Heart
- HS degree requirement
- College degree preferred
Knowledge Requirements (licenses, programs, or certifications):
- Intermediate to advanced excel/google sheets proficiency (Pivot tables, multi-sheet formulas, etc.)
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to up-sell
- Good with numbers/mathematical skills
- Comfort level with technology
- Knowledge of the geographical area
- Knowledge of cannabis culture and industry
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in inventory or database management
- 1 to 3 years in a customer service role including handling difficult customer situations
Physical Requirements - Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Special Information (Travel required, on-call schedule, etc.)
- Occasional long hours.
- Ability to work independently