The Darden School of Business has an exciting opportunity for an administrative professional to join its Experiential Leadership Development Lab team in Rosslyn, VA.
The Program Manager, Experiential Leadership Development Lab, is a member of the professional staff responsible for leading the technical and operational delivery of the Experiential Leadership Development Lab in Rosslyn, Virginia. This position also supports the lab’s partners, which includes the delivery of the accompanying Experiential Learning (EL) course in the executive MBA degree program and the Leading with Courage certificate course in executive education, among others.
This position routinely requires evening and weekend work.
- Manages complex lab operations, including scheduling space and time for lab experiments, maintaining equipment and software for data collection, ensuring that participants follow the pre-defined lab process, and complying with Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols and University policies governing research.
- Translates, in collaboration with their team, the Experiential Learning curriculum into the required operational and technical systems; including the Canvas learning management system, a scheduling platform, and Qualtrics surveys for data collection and analysis.
- Attends and manages all Experiential Leadership Development Lab experiences in Rosslyn, VA (held mostly in the evenings and on weekends).
- Selects and manages third party vendors that provide services for Experiential Leadership Development programs, including actors and coaches.
- Works closely with the Lab Coordinator, as well as all internal and external stakeholders, to ensure delivery of outstanding service and support. Lab Coordinator will oversee and manage technicians.
- Develops and maintains databases to track research activity and prepare research reports.
- Supports the executive MBA operations team as needed.
- Monitors all Experiential Leadership Development Lab expenses and ensures compliance with the University's policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree required with at least two years of experience.
- Experience managing all technical and operational aspects of a social science research lab strongly preferred.
- Experience with executive-level higher education programs strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with social science research methods and lab management.
- High degree of comfort with technology and ability to learn new systems and platforms quickly.
- Ability to translate thoughts and directives from several areas into a cohesive plan of action.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage the day-to-day operations for a complex organization.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of multiple parties to achieve desired objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and virtually for central office located 100 miles away (Charlottesville, VA).