We are seeking a licensed and experienced Property Manager for a well established and well maintained Apartment Community In North Charleston. As a Property Manager with Darby you would be working under the supervision of one of the members of the Executive Team.
- Oversee and coordinate all rental transactions
- Attract and lease to new tenants
- Investigate and resolve tenant complaints
- Update and improve properties to increase return on investment
- Ensure all work order and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Supervise and train property staff
- Enforce property and associations' rules and regulations
- Previous experience in property management
- Property Management License in South Carolina (or transferable license)
- Familiarity with real estate contracts and leases
- Ability to build rapport with tenants
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The starting salary for such a position is relevant to the experience of the applicant and the size of the community. We do strive to be competitive in this respect though, and also offer generous bonuses for both leases and renewals. (The renewals are $100 each and the leases are $75 each--once you are a licensed Property Manager. These bonuses can equate to an additional $5-$7K or more per year.)
The schedule for our management team members is generally 8:00 to 5:00 or (or 6:00pm for the first five business days of the month) Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 10:00 to 4:00. And while this is a six hour day on Saturdays, each team member working a Saturday receives credit for working eight hours—which is one reason why they are asked to grab lunch while maintaining the full 10-4 schedule for the office on Saturdays. You would of course have a weekday off, so that you are not working six days a week—although this is a salaried position.