Darby Day Staffing is currently seeking a Machine Operator for an immediate start in Cedar Hill, TX.
The machine operator position is responsible for set-up and production of basic wood products. This line of business is crucial to the company and a major output of Precision Wood Products. Experience on this machine and in the wood industry is an essential qualification.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Sets up and operates machine to plane, shape, and groove wood stock.
• Reads work ticket and examines pattern shape to determine moulder setup procedures and type wood stock to be cut.
• Selects and installs cutting heads, bits, or blades on machine according to pattern design, and inserts and bolts specified knives in slots of cutterheads already in machine, using wrenches and gauges.
• Positions pattern on machine and turns handwheel to adjust cutting knives flush with pattern.
• Removes pattern and turns handwheel to adjust guides, pressure bars, and table levels according to depth, position of cuts, and stock dimensions.
• Starts machine, places stock on feed table, and turns handwheels to press feed rollers against stock for feeding stock through machine; or inserts stock into hopper of automatic feed mechanism that carries stock through machine.
• Inspects stock being cut to determine defects.
• Verifies dimensions of cut material, using gauges, rule, or caliper.
* This position is temp to hire
**PAY DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE