Legal Assistant Paralegal
Dann D Sheffield & Associates Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical,
We are looking for a paralegal to work in a small busy personal injury law office located in the Ballard area, providing support for two attorneys. We have a great space and free parking is available.
In general you should have excellent skills in the following areas: organizational including the office and court calendaring, paper handling/filing, computer skills, drafting, writing,
interpersonal skills, and case management experience. You should be able to manage and attend to a myriad of legal case deadlines. You should be extremely well-organized.
Specifically, we are looking for someone that possesses a minimum of 3 years experience working as a paralegal in a personal injury law office. This is not a job where you can learn on the job as you go. We are a very busy small firm and rely heavily on our paralegal to manage all litigation matters. We need a paralegal who can manage the court calendar including scheduling all depositions, arbitrations, mediations and all related correspondence. You must have a good understanding of the state and federal court rules.
A sample of the kinds of tasks that this person will be asked to do on a regular basis include the following:
1. filing with all federal and state courts, understanding their time lines for filing and how to process the filing online
2. placing all court filing information into the office calendar system and manage the court related filing system for the office-computer and hard copies
3. working to keep files moving with record ordering and demand writing as needed
4. working with clients to complete various documents, including interrogatories
5. drafting a variety of correspondence and legal documents, including discovery requests as well as complaints for damages, and pre-hearing statements
6. reviewing medical records, compiling medical special charts, monitor and understand subrogation principles
7. Interfacing with a wide variety of legal professionals as well as clients
8. Disbursement of settlement funds including determining all subroutine/liens and working with medical providers, insurance companies, Medicare, etc. to confirm and/or reduce the repayment amounts
9. Knowledge of IOLTA accounting is beneficial but not required
Dann D Sheffield & AssociatesWhy Work Here?
We have a great working space and a busy office with the opportunity to learn and grow.
Small personal injury law office with over 30+ years of experience in our field. Great location, lots of opportunity to self motivate and organize yourself with the job and your responsibilities.
5511 Seaview Avenue NWSeattle, WA
LegalView all jobs at Dann D Sheffield & Associates