Danimer Scientific Bainbridge, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary and Purpose
The primary role of the Contracts Specialist is to oversee the contract approval, submission, execution, and retention processes. This can include obtaining internal business approvals and escalating issues as required. This individual must be very detail oriented and an excellent communicator able to interact with people at all levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the key initiator in the processing of contracts from initial request to document execution through DocuSign, up to ultimate storage in the contracts management system (Lecorpio).
- Manage and improve contract signature process, which will include maintaining DocuSign approval/signature chain templates and forms, preparing signature icons, and responding to related support inquiries from individuals on the signature chain.
- Maintain contract administration systems (Lecorpio, DocuSign, etc.) with accurate information.
- Work with outside counsel to finalize agreements for submission to both outside parties and internal stakeholders.
- Draft, edit, and produce contracts correspondence for internal and external audiences.
- Help prepare redlines, and draft and negotiate basic legal documents such as confidentiality agreements and nondisclosure agreements (NDAs), material transfer agreements (MTAs), Research & Development (R&D) Agreements, and other various contracts as needed.
- Submit contracts for internal business approvals, final signatures, and upload fully executed copies to the repository.
- Collaborate with sales team and internal business partners on contract details.
- Draft and revise standard contracts and templates as updates become available.
- Interact with internal departments (Sales, R&D, Regulatory, IP) and business requestors, as well as external vendors, with respect to various contract inquiries.
- Build, maintain, and improve the contract database and its management.
- Escalate innovative complex issues to Manager or outside counsel as appropriate.
- Provide contract support and training to internal stakeholders.
- Develop, prepare, and present reports as needed related to contract operations and business & legal knowledge management.
- Support other day-to-day business and legal operations.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of contract-related work experience
- Basic knowledge of legal requirements pertaining to contracts
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with DocuSign or other electronic signature software.
- 2+ years’ experience with contracts management systems (i.e., Lecorpio, Contract Analyst, Salesforce, SharePoint, Airtable, or a similar platform).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Proficient at sharing information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Must have high attention to detail, as well as excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to detect errors and inconsistencies.
- Ability to navigate and manipulate large data sets.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively cross functionally.
- Reliable attendance, strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with occasional interaction with the production floor. In the office setting, there will be minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
The performance of this position will occasionally present exposure to an industrial environment including manufacturing areas and requires support and compliance with the published Company PPE policy including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment such as safety goggles, appropriate attire.
LegalView all jobs at Danimer Scientific