Proposal Engineer: Entry Level Mechanical Engineering
Position Title: Proposal Engineer, Service
The Proposal Engineer develops Sales Proposals and makes cost and price budgetary decisions based on developed scopes of work for new and used steel mill equipment. Works with the Sales Groups, Sales Project Management, Purchasing Department and the Production Department. This position is in our Danieli USA headquarters located in Cranberry, PA.
Tasks and Day-to-Day Activities in the role:
- Develop Sales proposals for the Sales Groups
- Obtain full details of project inquiry from the Sales Groups and from customer personnel
- Initiate “Danieli RIO” meeting with the Sales Project Management and the Production Department to determine the financial and technical viability of the proposed scope of work
- Obtain cost estimates for production, spare components, and relative engineering
- Perform cost and price calculations, to maintain an expected gross margin set by Service management
- Consult with product line Service Groups to evaluate equipment revisions or upgrades
- Compile a list of the most appropriate spare components for warehousing to expedite lead times
- Issue material requisitions for intercompany and local spare components procurement
- Issue purchase orders for intercompany spare component procurement
- Attend meetings with the Sales Representative and under own supervision as required to explain, revise, and complete the proposal for presentation to the customer.
- Create and maintain a financial database of proposal costs and pricing
- Perform project post-mortem evaluations with Service Center controller
- Domestic and international travel is required (10%-15%)
- Strengthen and maintain the company’s culture and values through:
- exemplary behaviors through facts, demanding the same from colleagues, for a teamwork aimed at the achievement of company targets;
- safeguard of the company ethics and discipline with method, observance of rules, pragmatism and good example;
- encouraging, taking pride in and motivating the team in relation to the importance of the goals achieved or to be achieved.
Skills and Must Have's:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 Years of Experience in Mechanical Design, Proposal Creation and/or Cost Estimation
- A desire to work in a Steel Industry Service Center environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a "Team Player" mindset
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Excel and financial spreadsheets
Who is Danieli Group?
Danieli is amongst the three largest suppliers of equipment and plants to the metals industry, worldwide. Danieli designs and manufactures machinery and plants for the steel industry. Danieli Corporation is the US arm of Danieli, which is based in Italy. Danieli exports its output worldwide with the main goal to provide innovative and "production-cost winner" plants and to maximize benefits to customers. Danieli's objective is constant technological improvement and it is recognized as one of the most innovative and reliable companies in the metals industry.
We are looking for dynamic people with an open mentality, competent and motivated, who are interested in developing their skills and potential through specialized targeted training and development courses. We are looking for tenacious people able to convert into facts the principles of “velocity” and “innovation,” that inspire the work of each of us. We are certain that we can offer brilliant career opportunities to this type of person.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Danieli Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Danieli CorporationCranberry Township, PA
ManufacturingView All Danieli Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.