Operations Manager- Hudson Valley
Dandelion Energy Danbury, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Operations Manager is responsible for managing Dandelion's Operations in the Hudson Valley area and is instrumental to the success of our Geothermal System installations. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented professional to help shape the way our teams execute and install in a scalable repeatable way while maintaining quality and customer-centric approach.
What you'll do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Dandelion's regional installation center including responsibility for:
- Installation throughput
- Develop a monthly project plan (i.e. total heat pumps installed) in collaboration with key Dandelion stakeholders.
- Execute against that plan by closely monitoring installation performance to ensure projects and the business are on track to meet our goals.
- Identify and implement business changes and process improvements to increase operational efficiency (i.e. increased throughput, zero punch-list) in collaboration with installation crews and Dandelion stakeholders.
- Personnel Management
- Directly manage crew members; heat pump installers, plumbers and electricians
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with crew leads to review projects and process improvement.
- Hire, coach, and provide ongoing performance assessment of each crew member.
- Develop crew leadership skills to take on more project planning responsibilities and ownership.
- Safety and Quality
- Deliver a weekly "toolbox talk" in the warehouse to deliver important safety and quality information to all crews.
- Ensure crews are properly trained and performing work safely in collaboration with Dandelion's Safety Manager.
- Conduct weekly site safety inspections of installation crews to promote a safe work environment.
- Enforce continuous quality improvement in collaboration with Dandelion's design, engineering and installation experts.
- Job preparation
- Review project scopes, allocated labor hours, and site specific conditions with the crew lead in advance of project start date to identify and eliminate difficulties with executing on time and within budget.
- Ensure the crews are set up with the tools and materials to do their job safely, efficiently, and with high quality.
- Work together with our Supply Chain team to coordinate project materials for installations
- Job Close-out
- Track daily project progress and close-out procedures to ensure projects are being successfully closed out by crew leads.
- Create, track, and coordinate closure of project punch-list items.
- Manage customer communication and escalations with a high degree of customer service while a project is actively being installed.
- Work closely with account managers on projects to ensure a positive customer experience.
Who you are
- 5+ years managing trades people in a production oriented environment; i.e. meeting quotas, driving daily performance, following/developing standards and protocols.
- Not only a manager, but a leader. You have outstanding team building skills; interpersonal skills; and genuine empathy for team members in the organization.
- You create a positive work environment that compliments the Dandelion culture.
- If you have experience with residential or commercial HVAC, plumbing, and electrical – that is a plus.
- You have strong time management and prioritization skills.
- You can quickly learn and integrate new information.
- Excellent ability to identify problems and take effective action to minimize impact.
- Strong problem solving and action/solutions orientation.
- You are fluent in working and collaborating via email/Slack, project management software, word, and spreadsheet documents.
- We are a rapidly growing business. You must be comfortable with significant growth and overall business change.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You'll love working at Dandelion because:
We're solving the world's hardest problems. You'll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There's no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We're good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We're honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we've grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
BusinessView all jobs at Dandelion Energy