Dandelion Energy New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
As Instructional Designer for our field Operations group you will design, and produce courses and learning resources for our Geothermal installers in order to help onboard and continuously train them to enable a best in class team of experts that can deliver our clients a superb product and customer experience. You will make a significant impact in defining the experience of homeowners who switch from fossil heating to renewable geothermal energy, and those experiences will lay the groundwork for Dandelion's future growth and success.
You'll work with our Product, Engineering, Operations, and Customer Care teams to build effective, visually engaging courses and learning aids to be used online, in the classroom and in the field. Your ability to organize information and communicate ideas to our diverse multidisciplinary workforce is key. You will also be required to manage and track the various internal and external training required and taken by our operations teams.
You will help our installation team learn the building blocks of our geothermal products and develop the framework that will enable them to grow their skills and expertise over time.
- Partner with Operations leadership to develop and create curriculum and required course of training to support the career development of each operational specialty
- Partner with the Engineering, Operations, Customer Care and Product teams to identify the most effective format/medium to deliver content, guides, and other documentation that is most useful for the training of our field teams.
- Creating learning experiences that accelerate our installers time to value by making onboarding for new installers easier
- Ensure that the training materials you have built are up to date with our continuous product development and process improvement efforts
- Organize and drive timely reviews and iterations of instructional documents with all subject matter experts/stakeholders.
- Define and write effective assessments to ensure knowledge is retained
- Maintain records and provide reports to track the progress of each person's training against goals agreed upon with operations leaders.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years experience with developing virtual and in person technical training materials, reference material, and other forms of training content for technical audiences
- You have the ability to scope and manage the day-to-day work of projects independently with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have managed and tracked training programs, and have the ability to analyze existing content for its instructional value
- Strong working knowledge of documentation tools. Graphic design experience a plus.
- Strong research competencies and writing skills. Detail oriented. You pay meticulous attention to detail when creating and proof-reading content
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels. You are able to relate to others and form and express decisive opinions in a collaborative, clear, and approachable manner
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Work well in a team environment, but also self-motivated and able to work individually with minimal guidance
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You'll love working at Dandelion because:
We're solving the world's hardest problems. You'll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There's no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We're good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We're honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we've grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
AddressNew York, NY
EducationView all jobs at Dandelion Energy