Construction Laborer/Grouting Crew
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Construction Laborer/Grouting Crew member to form part of the Drilling Team in geothermal Drilling R&D operations. The successful candidate will be assisting with demobilization of equipment, mixing drilling mud and grout, handling drill pipe and casing and operating auxiliary equipment between projects. This position provides a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art drilling technologies, while getting hands-on training directly from a Senior Driller. It is a unique opportunity to start a career in the drilling industry, without the risk of erratic market demands associated with the oil & gas industry. With Dandelion, you'll be a part of a company dedicated to sustainable energy.
- Comfortability with working outdoors
- Assist with loading and unloading of equipment and material
- Driving company vehicles to and from job sites (must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record)
- Assist with drilling procedures on the drilling platform
- Mixing mud and grout
- Follow all safety and quality regulations and instructions
- Keep equipment and drilling platform clean and orderly
- Perform maintenance tasks at specified intervals
- Perform inventory (stock take) as required
- Must be able to obtain coverage under company automobile insurance policy (clean driving record, certain age restrictions may apply).
- Ability to operate (heavy) machinery
- Eager to build a career in drilling and renewable energy
- Enjoy chasing production goals as a team
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and engage in constant physical labor
- Personable, with the ability to share customers' excitements and concerns.
- Rigging experience, Mechanical skills, Welding skills, are preferred but not required
- Ability to safely lift weights of 80-100 pounds overhead
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You'll love working at Dandelion because:
We're solving the world's hardest problems. You'll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There's no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We're good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We're honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every daynot just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We've grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road... and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes - join us!
ConstructionView all jobs at Dandelion Energy
Get fresh Construction CREW Member jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.