Under the direction & supervision of the Director of Operations and Programs, the Assistant Studio Manager / Communications Assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day functioning of the Studio and for assisting the Director of Operations and Programs in implementing strategies to grow the Dance Loft’s revenue, offerings, reputation and visibility.
• Candidate must be creative, flexible, with the ability to multi-task and to work independently at the Dance Loft for the majority of the time while maintaining close phone contact with supervisor.
• Candidate will be expected to confer with supervisor on a daily basis and maintain a close working relationship
Duties: Studio Management / Communications Assistant duties include managing and implementing:
1. Studio Management
· Responsible for opening and securely closing facility
· Greeting clients when entering the facility
· Answering studio phone and sending direct messages or emails to staff leadership as appropriate
· Class registration and check-in for adult and youth classes
· Ensure all students have signed liability waivers via TulaSoftware (adults) or printed (youth)
· Data Collection & Document Creation for all patrons, clients, and guests.
· Support the creative process for policies and procedures at Dance Loft on 14.
· Collect payments from drop-in students
· Required to attend all Dance Loft on 14 events, theatrical events, and third-party Dance-related events.
· Occasional set up of events and performances
· Duties as assigned.
· Cleaning facility as needed; emptying trash / recycling bins; dry-mop studio floors;
· Routine check of restroom supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap) – including front patron restrooms
· Communicate with staff leadership for ordering additional supplies as needed
3. Marketing: Ensure marketing goals are met.
· Ensure timely marketing for Dance Loft classes, events, and space availability including through email lists and Facebook and listings sites
· Ensure web updates and social media posting
· Ensure all updates on Marketing pipeline are met for all programming
· Create informational/promotional flyers for Dance Loft Classes, Workshops and/or Events.
· Quarterly export of contacts from Squarespace and TulaSoftware into Vendini
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability work independently and be self-driven and a self-starter (Essential!)
· Ability to complete tasks in in fast-paced, timely manner with minimal supervision.
· Excellent writing ability and efficient handling of email.
· Appreciation of Dance, Theatre and the performing/visual arts.
· Time Management and Organizational skills are a must.
· Ability to provide stellar customer service.
· Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to walk up or down stairs.
· Excellent oral & written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Google
· College degree in Arts, Arts Administration, Theatre/Dance and/or related field preferred
· Previous management of a dance studio a plus.
· Experience in an office environment is required.
· Excellent writing ability
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Suite.
· QuickBooks and accounting experience a plus.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
· Must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Weekday, Weeknight & Weekend Availability is a must.
· Must have reliable transportation.
Please send resume with the subject “Part-time Assistant Studio Manager” to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
MOVEIUS Contemporary Ballet Inc t/a Dance Loft on 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age or genetic information (including family medical history).