Responsible for managing and growing all Cepheid business in Acute healthcare markets and for coordinating all associated company activity within an assigned geography for both existing and prospective accounts. The successful representative will be able to drive highly complex, multi-departmental, hospital sales from the introduction of new diagnostic concepts through closure and implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with all pertinent department stakeholders within the acute care/hospital setting to maintain, promote and sell Cepheid's Value Proposition inclusive of all instrumentation and testing applications. These departments may include laboratory, pharmacy, infection control, nursing management, emergency department, risk management and physicians.
• Develop demand for and adoption of new assays and instrumentation within existing and prospective account base to achieve assigned territory goals.
• Primarily responsible for all communication and coordination between the customer and Cepheid personnel and for ensuring that all new product and system implementations are executed to meet customer expectations.
• Perform all Administrative functions related to the proper management of the assigned territory to include managing customer data in the company CRM (SalesForce), along with the use of action plans and a monthly “Bowler” report to manage and predict the business.
• An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
Education or Experience (in years):
• Bachelor’s degree in field with 5+ years of related healthcare sales experience, preferably in laboratory diagnostics OR
• Master’s degree in field with 3+ years of related healthcare sales experience, preferably in laboratory diagnostics
Knowledge and skills:
• Strong track record of documented sales success, specifically in selling premium-priced products.
• Ability to successfully engage multiple call points within the hospital, to include both laboratory and outside-of-the laboratory stakeholders.
• Expertise in demand creation for disruptive technologies versus replacement technology is a plus.
• Outstanding presentation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel 75% of the time.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficient using SalesForce CRM is a plus.
• Must reside in or be willing to relocate within the assigned territory
• Must be able to sit for several hours (travel-related).
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.