- The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Corporate Finance team, reporting to the Senior Corporate FP&A Manager. This position will act as direct business partner with G&A leaders and is responsible for development of accurate headcount, expense and capital budgets/forecasts, timely corporate submissions, month-end FP&A close activities, and management reporting.
Additionally, the role partners with the leadership teams in Finance, HR, IT, Legal, and Facilities in supporting sound business decision making by providing insightful financial analysis and accurate forecasting explaining the business results.
A strong team player, the owner of this role brings business acumen, analytical power and a results-oriented mentality. High sense of integrity, good communication skills, great attention to detail and a proven ability to work with senior leaders are essential qualities for a successful candidate.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate results to plan, drive variance analysis and provide partnership to G&A business leaders in Finance, HR, IT, Legal, and Facilities to execute on plan; analyze historical, current, and projected financial data for use in planning, forecasting, and management decision making.
• Perform in-depth financial & operational analysis and quarterly/annual forecast modeling, including operating expenses, headcount and capital, to accelerate future business planning decisions.
• Establish a regular cadence with business partners to review monthly actuals, analyze forecast variance, identify trends and provide recommendations to drive forecast execution and accuracy.
• Actively participate in cross-functional projects designed to solve business problems and improve profitability.
• Prepare, analyze and distribute functional and internal management reports, including financials P&L and operating review package.
• Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end FP&A close activities, including preparation of journal entries, and forecast activities related to Headcount, capital, facilities and operating expenses.
• Understand standard accounting principles and policy and interact with global accounting and financial partners to maintain proper financial processes, procedures and controls.
• Conduct ad-hoc planning and analysis to support the G&A departments and senior management.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience (in years):
• B.S degree in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent
• 5+ years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience
• Goal/results-oriented team player with demonstrated success working effectively across different departments.
• Strong communication and partnership skills with ability to build and convey business insight
• Result-oriented, energetic, dynamic individual with hands on mentality
• High attention to detail and the ability to communicate at an executive level
• Self-starter able to prioritize given responsibilities
• Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
• Advanced user in MS Excel
• Experience in SAP/BPC preferred
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.