The Senior Director IT, Global Service Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of Danaher's portfolio of global enterprise and corporate applications that includes HR technology (employee life cycle management, including Payroll and Time Management in North America) as well as a portfolio of applications and services that support other corporate functions. This position aligns the Corporate IT roadmap and priorities with business stakeholders and directs the Corporate IT Business Services Operations Team processes and methodologies. Responsible for supporting Danaher's operating companies globally, partnering with a staff of 20 resources, including, on-shore, off-shore and HR IT staff, and third-party consultants. Additional responsibilities include participation in Corporate IT strategic planning and roadmap development, vendor management, resource management and business process definition.
- Provide leadership to a team of support resources accountable for timely, high quality service delivery across Global and Corporate IT functions.
- Lead a distributed team of technology professionals, including solution architects, business relationship managers, and the Corporate IT support operations team, to ensure goals are aligned with business priorities. Lead the team to develop best practices and streamlined processes, and create a highly productive, professional, consultative, service-oriented culture.
- Establish baseline metrics for system effectiveness, to support continuous improvement priorities and the achieve of desired outcomes from HR technology investments.
- Provide thought leadership and collaboration in identifying technology solutions and strategies for new programs, projects and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Partner with stakeholders to support business applications by advising best practices, recommending process improvements, and implementing system enhancements that advance the goals of the business.
- Ensure that technology projects/solutions are properly resourced to meet or exceed expectations of scope, schedule, budget and achieving the business objectives. This includes partnering with IT on demand management for IT resources across all HR technology projects
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 12 years' progressive responsibility, preferably in an international, diverse science and technology company
- Experience with selection, implementation and management of best-in-class HCM cloud-based system such as Workday, Agile methodology, vendor management, data management, complex services delivery, data analytics, organizing and leadership of a global, distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively set priorities, allocate resources and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working in a faced-paced environment to deliver on time and within budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to provide strategic direction to the team and drive high team member engagement across a diverse, global team
- Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with and influence business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with high detail orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to uncover insights that drive action
- Strong problem-solving skills and knowledge of internal controls
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and change management methodologies
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to make decisions in high pressure situations
- Ability to work collaboratively; incorporate input from key stakeholders, including individuals with opposing views, as a means of informing the strategy and priorities.
- Strong customer focus and results orientation
- Capable of providing to provide leadership over multiple HR and IT functions (HR systems, HR analytics, HR project management, IT service delivery for HR) to serve a diverse, global customer base, while partnering with and influencing process owners and other business stakeholders to ensure requirements, dependencies, risks and opportunities are clearly understood and incorporated into decision making
- Ability to leverage a system thinking approach to guides complex, business critical priorities, such as the integration of acquisitions, into our HR processes and technology
- Ability to lead in a global environment; capable of adapting approach in order to work successfully with people with different work styles, able to work a flexible, demanding schedule required to manage across multiple time zones
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.