Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples' lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
The Senior Applications Scientist ensures that project deliverables meet service and user requirements to satisfy customer needs for new and current products. The incumbent applies research, in-depth scientific and medical/clinical utility knowledge to suggest improvements; utilize problem solving skills to resolve product issues; optimize new applications and documentation for Beckman Coulter products. Senior Applications Scientist participate in training activities for field service and internal staff, write technical reports, maintain knowledge of clinical laboratory workflow and the regulation/accreditation environment (CAP, CLIA, Joint Commission, ISO) and support compliance activities while working closely with R&D, Product Management, Regulatory/Quality, Technical Communications, Professional Development, and Field Customer Support staff. Product knowledge in Hematology, Urinalysis and Coagulation is a plus.
* Focus on Quality, Compliance and Danaher Business Systems (DBS) in all aspects of the role;
* Provide advanced technical and troubleshooting support to Field Applications Specialists escalations;
* Proactively recommend future product improvements;
* Ability to keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job;
* Assist in development of procedural and technical standards documentation;
* Work collaboratively across business units and other functions to build partnerships with: Product Development, Quality & Regulatory, Marketing, Field Service, Field Applications, Customer Support and Professional Development Center teams to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction;
* Exercise sound judgment, within defined procedures and practices, to determine appropriate actions and then implement approved actions accordingly;
* Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (i.e. PSP or other problem solving techniques);
* Must possess the ability to think critically and systematically drive to root cause without first applying rapid solutions;
* Execute Action Plans for continuous process and product improvements;
* Attendance is a required function of this job;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science or closely related scientific field is required with no less than 5 years' experience, or Master's degree in field with no less than 3 years' experience;
* Preference will be given to candidates who possess a ASCP board certification (BOC);
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
* This role will require up to 10% travel, foreign and domestic.
* Must have the ability to acquire a US Passport.
* Preference will be given to candidates who possess DBS (Danaher Business Systems) or similar six sigma methodologies in order to more fully engage and leverage support across multiple functions;
* Preference will be given to candidates who have recent urinalysis and/or hematology experience.
* Experience working in a highly regulated industry is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.