As a Pharma Research Account Executive you will be selling products that accelerate test programs through speed, efficiency, and consistent automation, reducing manual work so that researchers can spend less time at the bench and more time innovating.
You will utilize your skills to develop a sales strategy for rapid revenue growth and new market development in this territory that has a ton of potential. As a Pharma Research Account Executive you will work both independently and within the existing sales team environment. If you have an impressive history of complex capital equipment and reagent sales in this market, then this is the position for you!
Location: This position is based remotely in the Boston areas and the territory includes MA, NH, ME, VT
The specific customer call points include Department Head, PI, Scientist, Chief of Pathology/Medical Director, Research Director, and Laboratory Administrative Director. You should be comfortable calling on senior management, delivering vision, and orchestrating multi departmental site evaluations. Targeted customers for the life science position will include Academic Medical Centers, Pharmaceutical, Bio Pharma, Biotech/CRO companies, Government and Veterinary Labs
- Develop overall territory and strategic account business plans, including identification and prioritization of key opportunities and “who/what/when” action plans, necessary to close high value business in targeted accounts within assigned geography.
- Travel overnight as necessary (estimated at 50%) for all customer appointments, trade shows and customer meetings. Customer call activity will be a balance of existing customers accounts to expand our current base, meeting with active opportunities and prospecting for new opportunities in the assigned geography.
- Build strong customer relationships necessary to identify the decision makers and understand the decision making and procurement process at each customer opportunity. Leverage these relationships in order to close business.
- Utilize consistent, customer-focused, sales techniques allowing for accurate tracking and forecasting of all sales opportunities as defined by sales management processes.
- Working either autonomously or with others, including peers, channel partners, product development, marketing and/or executive management.
- Become an industry and product expert, capable of serving as a value-added consultant to customers for both Leica Biosystems and the general research advanced staining market. This will be accomplished by completion of company training and continuous self-learning.
- Coordinate sales activities within national, multi-site, laboratory accounts by interacting with other departments in the organization to insure the proper handling of customer requirements.
- Build accurate opportunity funnels and achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue forecasts.
- Daily maintenance of customer/account information and opportunity records in SFDC.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5+ years successful selling experience in the life science space
- Experience with sales to pathology and life science markets preferred
- Molecular Biology degree preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the overall life science industry
- Self-starter and independent thinker, with aptitude to work autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Listens to the customer and presents with a high degree of comfort and credibility.
- Track record of rapidly and consistently generating sales revenue
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel a significant percentage of time (50% overnight travel)
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.