Beckman Coulter is recruiting for a Manager Danaher Business Systems - Continuous Improvement. The role is located in the Miami, FL area.
Manager Danaher Business Systems - Continuous Improvement is responsible for optimizing organizational performance by enhancing the alignment and efficiency of business processes and by ensuring continuous, sustained improvement across the Miami Operations.
Are you driven to improve efficiency?
• Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in QDCI (Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation) results that are tied to Policy Deployment (PD) and Daily Management (DM) by leveraging DBS tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
• Assist site / company Leadership in the development of a DBS roadmap (i.e., how to use the DBS tools to drive sustainable improvement in results).
• Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching
• Facilitate other DBS training sessions when appropriate (other trainers and consultants from Danaher, Shingijutsu, or other)
• Identifies and helps develop advanced ideas into DBS programs or projects that will significantly impact organizational objectives.
• Be the thought leader and expert in DBS work concepts, principles, and practices for specified site
• Assist in achieving business unit Policy Deployment and Strategic Plan objectives
• Regularly participate in PD and Daily Management reviews
• Help Danaher continue the evolution of the DBS tools (main contact here is DBS Office or DBSO).
• Ensure successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring compliance to the kaizen process (includes; (1) planning of kaizens with a dynamic funnel process tied to PD and Daily Management, (2) kaizen execution and (3) sustainment of kaizens).
• Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide expert counsel on appropriate DBS tools to eliminate them
• Improve DBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in DBS tools (MBB process for self and others).
• Promote and facilitate associate development in various DBS tools, lean production, and kaizen leadership
• Evaluate and approve other DBSLs for MBB certification
• Benchmark and incorporate best practices
Does this sound like you?
You'll flourish in this role if you are high-energy, hands-on and detail oriented but also able to see the big picture. Your focus is on the customer and you have strong interpersonal and communications skills. You are a quick study who can rapidly adapt to Danaher’s culture and gain the confidence of the Danaher organization. Your personality helps you to handle and de-escalate conflict. You can work independently, are capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and able to effectively deal with difficult situations.
• BS or BA degree in Business, Engineering, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• 9+ years of Operations or Engineering experience; 7+ with Master’s degree
• Ability to design, develop, and implement a DBS roadmap for an operating business
• Mastery of a variety of DBS tools (either Lean or Growth-related DBS Tools,
• depending on areas(s) they support).
• Superior communications skills
• Superior training skills and adult learning theory
• Superior consulting/influencing skills
• Familiarity with various manufacturing process technologies (if supporting Operations areas).
• Hands-on experience implementing DBS (or TPS) in a line management role
• Exposure to and participation in a wide variety of training environments
• Good writing and administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.)
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
• Most Important Competencies Required:
• Teamwork - must be able to lead a team(s) of Danaher employees from multiple disciplines and/or companies
• Ability to influence others - must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others at all levels to action on key initiatives
• Results orientation - must deliver results
• Technical excellence - must possess the technical skills necessary to be credible in DHR by peers and managers (technical excellence will either be in Lean or Growth-related areas depending on the functional areas they support).
• Communication—must be able to effectively communicate and influence in both written and verbal forms
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.