- Assist in planning and execution of high quality U.S. GAAP based financial audits and reviews, generally under the supervision of the Internal Audit Director.
- Complete assigned portions of engagements, including testing, work paper documentation and report drafting while on site or shortly after completion of field work and submit to the Internal Audit Director on a timely basis.
- Acquire a good understanding of the audit location’s business and industry.
- Develop positive working relationships with audit location finance teams
- Be a point of contact for accounting questions or concerns coming from the locations.
- Lend special skillsets or experience to engagements where needed, e.g., language ability, process or forensic audit skills, etc.
- Assist as required with miscellaneous reporting needed for senior management or Audit Committee presentations.
Why This is a Great Move
At Danaher, you’ll have the opportunity to build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Are you ready to work alongside the best leaders in business? Are you ready to join not one, but a family of world-class companies within the Danaher portfolio? Historically, the majority of our internal audit team has rotated into the business after 3-5 years into a variety of finance roles (CFO, Controller, Finance Director, Accounting Managers etc.). Those that choose to remain become an integral part of department leadership.
You’ll also have the opportunity to continue to build and shape a high-performing team and position it for maximum success and impact. You’ll have strong potential for career progression within Danaher’s large family of world-class companies. You’ll learn and become highly skilled in the powerful Danaher Business System. You’ll join a premier Internal Audit team. Our people have a passion for results, high performance and continuous improvement, where our associates are transformed personally and professionally – Danaher is a unique company, where there are “Great People Doing Extraordinary Things.”
Career Opportunity Profile – Detailed Overview
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries including health care, environmental and communications. Our family of more than 50 world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries and our technologies address a broad range of societal needs:
- Protecting the global water supply and ensuring environmental stewardship
- Enhancing the safety of personal data and safeguarding network operations
- Designing cutting-edge technologies and powering innovative machines
- Protecting the world’s food supply and verifying pharmaceutical dosages and authenticity
- Leading scientific research and advancing patient health with the highest diagnostic confidence
- Creating a better experience at the dentist
Our team of 71,000 associates around the globe is united by a powerful business system which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. For more information please visit our website at www.danaher.com.
Experience and/or Education
The ideal candidate should possess the executive presence and business acumen to partner effectively with Senior Management across the business. The successful candidate can acclimate quickly, serve as a contributing member to the Internal Audit team, and a strategic partner to business leadership.
- Was, or currently is, an audit manager with a “Big Four” audit firm. Only under limited circumstances will a candidate be considered if they were not a manager at a Big Four audit firm, but they must have been at least within a year of making manager at the Big 4, and a manager with their current employer. Internal audit experience with a “Fortune 500” company a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required. MBA is a plus.
- US CPA is required. CIA is a plus.
- Experience with consolidation accounting and reporting in multi-national companies is highly preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing companies and cost accounting is preferred.
- Experience with US GAAP and SEC public company reporting is required.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control assessments is required.
- Must be comfortable with all aspects of the financial audit cycle including risk assessment and scoping, designing and executing audit procedures, and proposing and presenting audit recommendations.
Personal Characteristics and Traits
The following personal characteristics and traits have been identified as critical for success in this position within Danaher:
- Results Orientation – strong drive to deliver results and get the job done.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – always learning, willing to take risks, striving to improve are all part of your DNA
- High Energy and Initiative —highest work ethic and passion to excel. Takes initiative to overcome obstacles and can handle a degree of ambiguity.
- Executive Presence – must have “executive presence” and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – team player who can work effectively within the Internal Audit team, across Finance, and with the business. Contributes in a positive way to the team dynamic. Able to function independently and identify opportunities to make positive contribution to audits and the team.
- Integrity/Ego in check – nothing less than 100 percent ethical conduct can be acceptable. Confident with ego in check. Has humility to continually learn and focus on results despite challenges.
- Communications – excellent and persuasive verbal and written communication skills. Transparent.