The Field Service Engineer position is responsible for daily service and support of Pall’s existing customer base. The engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Field Service Engineers are responsible for repair, installation, maintenance and calibration of Pall Corporation equipment at customer sites.
• Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Calibration and Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Pall Corporation technical staff. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company.
• Call Set-up and Closure – FSE’s are responsible for accurately adding Service Calls into Pall’s Service Management System (SMS), scheduling visits and closing service calls at the time of completion. These actions drive accurate customer invoicing, relieve inventories of parts used and ultimately drives to our objective of accurate reporting for business management purposes.
• Drives a sense of ownership and urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”.
• Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding issues – takes charge of customer issues and services as the primary customer contact for issue resolution.
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
• Managing Call Escalations - ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
Financial Management & Growth:
• Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their territory. This includes annual growth of Field Service Maintenance Agreements, monthly time and material billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation.
• Achieve annual revenue target with expected year-over-year growth targets set at beginning of each calendar year.
• Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expenses.
• Completion of weekly scheduling reports and participation in all Team calls.
• Able to effectively price and position Service offerings and agreements on both existing and new equipment, taking into account expected costs to proactively manage profit margin.
• Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
• Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s
• Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement
• Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
• Value Selling - add value to our service offerings. A FSE must have ability to manage a customer account in its entirety, and when accessing an account, determine on where we can add more value by offering other services (i.e. rental units, consumables, additional or new equipment leads, service on other instruments, etc.).
• Drive substantial new equipment lead generation from Service to aid Sales growth
• Partner with sales to support current sales initiatives to drive growth
• Team mindset to work with and support fellow FSE’s and service team members.
• Inclination and ability to listen to various stakeholders (e.g. Customers, Sales, Customer Service) and generate actionable insights.
• Successfully deliver results while quickly adapting to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges.
• Sense of Urgency - must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to prioritize daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention.
• Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills - must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers. Must be a true professional at all times. Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator.
• Ability to adapt - must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a FSE throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
• Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to travel 50% of the time
• Bachelors (ideally in a technical or engineering discipline) or Military equivalent (E-6 or greater) or 3 + years of prior field service experience in related field
• Experience with Microsoft Work, Powerpoint, and Excel
• Experience in one or more of the following: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, software, mechanical troubleshooting, theory and application
• Commercial experience, including direct selling of products or services
• SAP experience
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.