Provide technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for Leica
- Provide installation support, maintenance, modification and/or repair on various mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic, and refrigeration instruments.
- Achieve strategic goals and financial targets
- Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external customers within established time guidelines in order to meet customer’s expectations.
- Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner in order to comply with ISO, FDA, and Leica policies. Must possess strong time management skills and follow all published processes with limited supervision.
- Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service team members with system configurations and upgrades, and provide input on ways to improve financial performance in order to generate service revenue.
- Broaden knowledge and experience to improve product, application and professional development skills and ultimately, represent the company in a highly professional manner.
- Maintain spare parts stock within budgetary limits in order to maximize customer uptime and field service related metrics.
- Control expenses in order to maximize the profit contribution to the company.
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner in order to instill confidence with current and prospective customers of Leica products to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 2 years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of related industry experience
- 70% - 90%
- Frequent overnight travel, often with short notice. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Must Possess a valid Driver’s license and meet fleet eligibility requirements
Overtime: Overtime is a requirement for this position and may be required with little or no advanced notice and at the sole discretion of Leica. Instances of the inability to meet this requirement may result in disciplinary action
- Time management and productivity efficiency with service call handling
- Professional with strong technical acumen – analytical with the ability to understand complex system operation and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills - uncovering root cause of customer frustration and understanding customer needs
- The position has a high-impact contribution to the company’s success by providing industry leading service to our customer base
- Proficiency with test equipment used in field service support
- Product and associated laboratory process knowledge
- Building and nurturing internal and external customer relationships
- Visual daily management
- Service Management
- Sales representatives/managers
- Service Support
- Customer Service
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- Outdoor Weather Conditions.