Beckman Coulter Diagnostics, an operating company of Danaher Corporation, is recruiting a Data Analyst, Performance Partnership. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. or Europe.
As a Data Analyst, you will have a firm grasp on business level data analytics and informatics used in a healthcare setting. As a critical team member, you will perform research and investigation of business systems and problems using qualitative and quantitative skills and methods.
You will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and assist team members in identifying potential areas of opportunity regarding continuous improvement; largely focused on the laboratory environment and improving the value that the laboratory brings to a health system enterprise.
As a subject matter expert, you will provide management with analytics, statistical findings and conclusions that will guide improvement strategies internally and externally regarding identified key performance indicators.
Candidate will work with appropriate leadership and associate level teams to obtain buy-in from internal project sponsor(s) and technical lead(s) regarding next steps suggestions for customers based on data analytics. Own end-to-end reporting and analytics processes and ensures accurate and timely completion of identified deliverables.
- Utilize and maintain a detailed understanding of Health Care business processes and informatics systems to facilitate company and customer needs as identified and required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business partners, stakeholders and team members involved in the selected projects.
- Identify and implement appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies to perform the appropriate research and investigate key business problems through quantitative and qualitative analysis of healthcare data.
- Identify industry trends and incorporate trend analysis data and results into forecasting process and reporting.
- Translate collected data into detailed reports that identify internal and external improvement opportunities. Provide recommendations for maximizing BCI customer impact on concerns such as reducing the total cost of care, value creation, value-based reimbursement and population health.
- Support business enterprise level projects as defined by strategic plans. Participates in the planning, development, and deployment of business strategy.
- Assist with the design of internal processes and standard work that will facilitate utilizing analytics to identify and gain consensus with appropriate leadership on baseline opportunities. Communicate improvement needs internally and externally to C-Suite customers in both technical and non-technical manner.
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal and external partners. Promote a constructive, positive team environment. Maintain a spirit of openness, information sharing, inquisitiveness and desire for problem-solving which support both the organization and customer's common goals and objectives.
- Develop full understanding of clinical programs being measured. Performs statistical analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs and clinical trial results.
- Work with clinical teams to identify areas of opportunity to drive performance of programs; develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Design, produce, and support development of clinical dashboards and key performance indicator informatics and reports to meet customer requirements.
- Work with external teams as identified by leadership to build ongoing reporting needs into the laboratory system production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in one or more STEM disciplines
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience as a data analyst, ETL developer, data scientist, healthcare analyst or similar - Required
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience working with large data sets (100,000 records +), performing data quality, data profiling and ETL tasks - Preferred
- Two (2) or more years working with major DBMSs (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or similar): both DDL and DML - Preferred
- Prior experience building scalable Business Intelligence dashboards using QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI or similar - Required
- Strong Excel skills, with previous experience developing macros and automation (VBA) - Required
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform experience a plus
- Experience in the primary and secondary hospital information systems (ex: EMR, LIS, RIS) - Preferred
- Firm grasp on using data and analytics to facilitate discovery, enlightenment and improvement - Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel: Up to 25%
Desirable Skills, Attributes and Qualifications:
- Naturally curious spirit, and insatiable appetite for learning
- Experience in the consulting industry
- Experience in the diagnostics industry
- Background in process improvement
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Fluency in English and at least one other language is a plus.
At Beckman Coulter, we are committed to advancing health care for every person by applying the power of science, technology and the passion and creativity of our teams to enhance the diagnostic laboratory's role in improving healthcare outcomes. Our diagnostic systems are used in complex biomedical testing, and are found in hospitals and other critical-care settings, reference laboratories and physician offices worldwide. We do important work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates' careers.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher Operating Company. As a $20B company with 60,000 associates, ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 25 years, DHR stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by more than 2,000 percent. The strength of our results is a testament to our teams and the power of the Danaher Business System. Our Purpose: "Helping Realize Life's Potential" is what makes us excited to come to work each day.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here.