Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples' lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role provides a unique opportunity to make a large impact within a fast paced and growing medical device manufacturing organization. As the Engineering Supervisor you are responsible for providing leadership and technical direction for a team of manufacturing technicians who support multiple manufacturing value streams. You will spend time working to grow and develop talent, complete projects with cross functional teams, and drive continuous improvement through application of the Danaher Business System.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Lead engineering teams to successfully deliver projects on time.
- Establish department goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Collaborate on and develop future vision for the manufacturing engineering support team.
- Mentor technicians and engineers, driving exceptional results through others.
- Maintain and advance cross-functional team relationships.
- Support associate development plans to build and improve the capability of the team.
- Ensure policy and procedures are followed
- Accountable for hiring, firing, and disciplinary decisions affecting employees.
- Forecasts and assigns staffing to meet current and forward looking production needs.
- High school degree with 8 years exp. OR Bachelor's degree with 5 years exp. OR Master's degree with 3 years exp.
- Minimum 2 Years direct supervision experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to summarize and present on complex technical topics
- Demonstrated capability using a formal problem solving process
- Experience using lean manufacturing tools to drive improvement.
- Bachelors Degree in any Engineering discipline
- Advanced degree in engineering or Business
- Experience working within regulated environments
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC016070