Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To achieve Leica sales and profitability goals within an assigned territory through the implementation of aggressive, direct end-user selling techniques.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual and strategic product mix sales goals for the territory.
- Plan and schedule face-to-face account calls to current and potential end-users of Leica products.
- Identify and develop key accounts in the territory.
- Manage assigned national accounts within territory requiring corporate coordination to enable closure and compliance of contracts.
- Install/set-up & train when necessary instrumentation in customer laboratories and perform demonstrations.
- Prepare monthly territory status reports for Regional Sales Manager.
- Manage operating expenses within assigned budgets.
- Coordinate with all Specialists (ISS/FSS/CSE/ASC) within assigned territory. Serve as primary account contact/coordinator.
- Participate in sales meetings and national and local trade shows as appropriate and authorized.
- Create and maintain a customer database in SFDC of Organization, Primary Contacts, Installs (Leica and Competitor), for all customers in the territory within the corporate guidelines established for data input.
- Create Pre-Call Plans for the upcoming week & report all sales Activities in SFDC, due by the start of business each Monday.
- Maintain the status of all Sales Opportunities in SFDC. Assure that all Opportunities are updated (including projected close dates & probability) by the last day of each week.
- Maintain a positive, productive relationship with all clients & respond to all phone call & emails within 24 hours.
- Be punctual for all appointments, meetings, conference calls & WebEx's.
- Be up-to-date on all product & DHR compliance training.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
Education: BA/BS in Life Sciences or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years sales experience.
- Understanding of Histology marketplace or a related discipline.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
Education: Masters Degree
- 1-3 years Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research or industrial setting preferred
- 1-3 years capital sales experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Must Possess a valid Driver's license
- Up to 50% travel required within designated territory. Most of the overnight travel will be to attend trades shows and sales meetings.
- Excellent time management and organization skills are a must.
- Must possess excellent customer relations/service skills.
- Self-motivated and independent thought are critical.
- Goal oriented, results driven.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are key.
- Work independently but able to interact as part of a team member.
- Good selling, negotiating, closing and account management skills.
- Ability to comprehend scientific applications/markets.
- Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, SAP, SFDC).
- VP Sales
- Sr. VP & GM
- Marketing, HR, Comm. Ops, Customer Support & Corp Accounts
- Sales Reps
- Customers in hospitals & labs at all levels.
- Trade associations, vendors, key distributors & competitors.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Frequent visits to customer sites.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here.