Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific was formed in 2010 by the union of Sea-Bird Electronics (Bellevue, WA), WET Labs (Philomath, OR) and Satlantic (Halifax, NS) (wholly owned subsidiaries of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR)). Through the combination of the Sea-Bird Electronics, WET Labs and Satlantic product lines, Sea-Bird Scientific is the world's leading provider of advanced technology for oceanographic research. The Sea-Bird Scientific group of company's design, manufacture and market oceanographic instrumentation and systems that enable the world's leading scientists to push the boundaries of ocean knowledge. Sea-Bird Scientific works with a global network of international representatives and partners to serve customers in more than 30 countries around the world. Our dedicated team is comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds and interests with a common goal of serving the world's oceanographic community with leading edge technology and solutions. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at one of the Sea-Bird Scientific Company's locations gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
Sea-Bird Electronics is an EEO / AA employer. Sea-Bird Electronics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information regarding our company's, please visit the Sea-Bird Scientific website at www.seabird.com.
The Field Sales Support role is a critical part of our Sales Team and supports Sea-Bird Scientific's ability to grow. A key activity for this role is contacting customer lead referrals to determine interest level and qualify sales opportunity
for new and existing customers. The ability to quickly build rapport and establish trust and credibility with customers using questions to understand pain points and needs is a critical part of success in this role.. This position requires
a highly motivated person with a positive, outgoing personality who thrives working in a fast-paced environment with a wide mix of tasks on a daily basis.
The Field Sales Support position plays a vital role in partnering with the Field Sales Team by helping to create and maintain the company's positive image by ensuring the customer's application and data requirements are met with optimum system solutions. In partnership with the Field Sales Team, this person must be able to discuss high-level measurement objectives and the operational conditions likely to affect customers, recommend instrument solutions, and clearly communicate technical information.
The Field Sales Support associate is a key point of contact for customers and can provide both pre-and post-sales support for the Field Sales Team. Customers primarily include research scientists, environmental services and consulting companies, system integrators, resellers, and international distributors. The core market for Sea-Bird Scientific products is oceanographic research with some nearshore and inland applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Engage customers and prospects via phone and e-mail to qualify them as opportunities and assign them to the appropriate owner(s) or follow-up directly and quote as required
* Execute a consultative sales strategy with our internal solution selling methodology
* Follow standard work to contact and convert leads to opportunities per sales cadence
* Demonstrate technical and application knowledge to provide prompt, accurate answers and successfully qualify leads
* Populate and maintain the highest standards of data integrity in Salesforce.com
* Collect and provide constructive feedback to cross functional lead sources to drive continuous improvement of process
* Meet and exceed monthly and annual lead conversion quotas
* Collaborate with other Lead Qualification team members to continue to improve lead program and processes
* Identify and monitor customer trends in Oceanography
* Relay pertinent product information from customers so the company can continue to improve its products and services
* Develop an understanding of competitive products
* Develop customer quotations to support the Field Sales Team
* Learn and apply sales and service policies and procedures, become familiar with the company's operations and engineering functions and communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
* Help the Field Sales Team to maintain existing and develop new customers by corresponding in a timely manner primarily via phone and email to provide technical applications assistance, product information, price proposals, obtain purchase orders and contracts, and conduct market research
* Help the Field Sales Team meet assigned targets for sales volume and objectives
* Support the Field Sales Team in actively engaging with product management, marketing, and engineering teams within the company to convey Voice-Of-Customer (VOC) and determine if and how customer requirements might be met through recommendations for changes in product design, features, options, processes, or quality
* Support in identifying technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process and post-sales support and resolve issues in a timely manner
* Work with the Marketing Team to help with implementation, management, and follow-up of marketing campaigns
* The Field Sales Support associate must be able to partner with multiple Field Sales personnel to cover customer response and follow-up requirements during peak times of travel or vacation
* The Field Sales Support associate must work in partnership with the Sales Operations Team to follow procedures and help cover essential duties such as incoming phone calls and other requirements
* Other duties as assigned
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
* High attention to detail. Consistently drives high quality, on-time results. (Leads through DBS)
* Uses unfiltered customer feedback to make improvements in process, products and services. (Drives Innovation and Growth)
* Takes actions and makes decisions that support the DBS culture. (Leads through DBS)
* Engaged in daily work and takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
* Brings energy and purpose to the workplace every day. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
* Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Acts with Integrity)
* Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy, high quality standards and business success
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, related field preferred
* Proven experience in lead qualification or inside selling
* Skilled in application and market-specific questioning techniques that uncover new sales opportunities
* Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM and Oracle ERP is highly desired
* Proven ability at cross-selling and up-selling
* Ability to answer technical questions relating to the product
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Strong phone presence
* Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and business documents such as purchase orders, contracts, and proposals in English
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, clients and managers.
* Competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals
* 2nd language fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish or Portuguese is desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isoccasionallyrequired to reach with hands and arms. The employee isconstantlyrequired to sit, talk, hear. The employee mayoccasionallysquat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee isconstantlyusing hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee isoccasionallyrequired to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell.
The employee mustoccasionallylift, carry, push or pull up to20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities*req