Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples' lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is a support role required to apply engineering principles to troubleshoot, correct, identify and test design solutions within Instrument Manufacturing. To successfully perform in this role, this individual will be required to learn how to operate immunoassay diagnostic equipment and become knowledgeable in instrument operational theory
* Work directly with Instrument Manufacturing Technicians, Engineering, and Quality to troubleshoot Instrument related issues on the manufacturing floor.
* Assist engineers in various technical aspects of problem solving, developing and executing test plans.
* Complete product performance qualification testing per protocol requirements and quality management system standards.
* Work with tools and machines to create simple fixtures as per the instructions of the engineer or scientist.
* Actively provide ideas and feedback to support process, product, and organizational improvement initiatives (continuous improvement).
* Gather and organize data to support investigations, feasibility studies, or to assist the engineering team.
* Set up and maintain our engineering lab, equipment, and ensure calibration status is current as required.
* Using software applications (excel, word, mini-tab or jmp, solid works, project etc..) to perform various functions.
* Support multiple engineers to complete projects to meet group objectives
* Support and perform production activities as needed.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to apply engineering principles to practical situations.
* Team-minded with ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues.
* Agile learner, comfortable learning to work on electro mechanical automated test equipment.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work in a fast paced self-directed environment.
* Capable of performing and documenting test results using good documentation practices for a variety of business needs (customer complaints, feasibility studies, characterization, verification, validation etc).
* Ability to support multiple projects at the same time
* Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, MS Project, Excel, Power point, Project, and Minitab or JMP statistical software).
* Work experience: 5 years minimum.
* Education: 2-year technical degree (electrical or mechanical background preferred) or equivalent
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC016124