The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and patient care supportive duties at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at Merrimack Valley to assist physicians and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients at the Dana-Farber Cancer Care Institute.
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; checks in patients, assists in obtaining patient histories, takes vital signs, prepares charts, confirms that all ordered tests and procedures from previous visits have results and records scanned into the patient's chart and assists with medical examinations.
- Prepares and stocks exam rooms.
- Selects and lays out medical supplies.
- Checks all exam room supplies for expiration dates.
- Maintains medical equipment
- Escorts patients and visitors.
- Orders and maintains stocks of medical supplies as necessary; insuring nothing is expired.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical treatment procedures within established parameters
- Performs procedures as outlined by DFCI, i.g.: Ear Lavage and EKG.
- Assists patients with comfort and safety.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Assists the physician during the examination and procedures.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for processing.
- Packaging of Sharp Containers and Chemotherapy waste.
- At the end of each day, inspects and insures that all exam rooms are clean and ready for the following day.
- Should be facile with performing finger sticks and venous draw of blood.
- Performs clerical functions related to medical activities.
- Become familiar with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties assigned
**Medical Assistant is not responsible for infusion pumps, intravenous lines and chemotherapy.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have three years of experience as a Medical Assistant.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Job ID: 2020-17388
External Company URL: www.dana-farber.org