Director of Facilities
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY & PURPOSE: The Facilities Director will support the mission of Damascus Community Church by overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the Facilities Ministry caring for approximately 36,000 sq ft of buildings for our church and K-12 grade school located on about 7 acres, residential rental properties, and any future campus development. This includes overseeing all projects and staffing related to the buildings, grounds, equipment, security, housekeeping, and transportation fleet to ensure the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean, and prepared for services and ministry activities. Supervise and perform maintenance/repairs for the church building, equipment and property, and act as church representative with outside contractors and inspectors coming onto the property or into the building. While expertise in maintenance, housekeeping, and administration is a must for this position, it also requires someone who can both develop systems and build teams. The Facilities Director will need to be able to recruit, train, and schedule staff and volunteers. A positive, humble, and cooperative leader who is always prepared to fill in, train, and troubleshoot when necessary. The Facilities Director is also responsible for setting the spiritual tone for the Facilities Ministry Team. Team members should be both spiritually and technically prepared for their role.
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES, AND JOB SKILLS:
1. Affirms that, as part of the qualifications for this position, the employee is a fully devoted Christ--‐follower which is evidenced in the employee’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry.
- Must be an active member of Damascus Community Church or a church of like faith and practice.
- Must be a credible Christian role model whose godly lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Bible.
- Ability to apply Biblical principles in dealing with Church staff, school staff, congregation, volunteers, and students.
2. Expresses a strong passion to uphold the Vision, Mission, Statement of Faith, and Core Values of Damascus Community Church.
3. Possesses broad, hands-on experience and/or educational training in maintenance, administration, and people management. Previous experience in a similar role highly desired.
4. Formal education is not a predetermining factor for this position. However, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study is highly desired.
5. Possesses a valid driver’s license and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
6. Exhibits knowledge and experience related to: HVAC, plumbing, electrical/electronics, landscaping, locksmith/security controls, and/or construction. Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings, and blueprints preferred.
7. Demonstrates the ability to work well independently, manage time well, and make competent, professional decisions.
8. Exhibits the organizational and administrative abilities necessary for the coordination of multiple ministries and activities.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and facilities resources/applications necessary for execution of the job. Able to incorporate the use of digital facility management systems.
10. Possesses sufficient health and physical endurance to complete assigned responsibilities.
11. Exhibits good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Continues developing gifts/abilities for greater effectiveness in performance of the position.
13. Completes and clears a background check.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
Administration & Supervision
- Develops, implements, manages, and communicates all facility processes, policies, and procedures to ensure proper care and use of facilities and equipment.
- Develops systems and processes to provide preventative maintenance to ensure that all equipment is consistently in working order.
- Requires 24-hour on call availability to address any and all facility related emergencies outside of scheduled holidays and vacations.
- Manages and assesses current Maintenance Request Process
- Oversees the acquisition, installation, maintenance, repair, and removal of all facilities equipment. Keeps reliable records of purchases and a master list of all equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends, product development, and products related to facilities and advise on future purchases.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process by advising and working with the Executive Pastor to craft an annual ministry budget plan for the facilities ministry.
- Reviews contracts and authorizes, in consultation with the Executive Pastor, facility jobs done by outside vendors. Serves as point of contact with all facility contractors.
- Recruits, trains, schedules, and spiritually mentors facilities staff and volunteers. Also, may be called upon to provide basic facilities training to other ministries’ teams for certain facility uses (e.g. children’s ministry, student ministries, schoolteachers, etc.). Creates assignment priorities, provides tools and equipment to perform duties. Establishes a scheduled staffing rotation that insures 24-hour on call coverage for any facility related emergencies. Develops and coordinates a volunteer team to assist on special projects and participate in monthly campus workdays.
- Plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning ventilation systems.
- Exterior building maintenance including care for the roof and parking lot.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of all equipment.
- Maintenance of telecommunications/phone system.
- Management of electric church sign.
- Serve as liaison to cleaning company or volunteers, but also willing and able to cover cleaning tasks including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, window cleaning, steam cleaning, spill & stain care when necessary.
- Provides for the cleaning and care of Gymnasium hardwood floor.
- Removal of all of litter, trash, and debris.
- Serve as liaison to landscape company or volunteers, but also willing and able to cover landscaping tasks including mowing, planting, watering, raking, wedding, pruning, tree & bush trimming if needed.
Safety and Security
- Access Control including allocation of keys and alarm codes to authorized personnel.
- Security and video system
- Works with outside vendors to manage and troubleshoot system. Be available to respond to security alarms and building emergencies on a 24 hour basis.
- Monitor Fire Alarm & Fire Extinguishers.
- Understands Oregon OSHA rules and regulations governing safety in the workplace. Maintains or supervises the maintenance of OSHA logs, records, and reports
- Develops Safety & Security Team.
- Vehicle registration and insurance
- Vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Commercial Driver training, licensing, and drug testing management.
Facility Use Management
- Oversees all policy and procedures related to use of facilities.
- Manages and assesses current Facilities Use Request process.
- Works closely with the Office Manager to coordinate facility use calendar.
- Set up and tear down for all church and school activities and events.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Employee needs to possess sufficient health and physical endurance to complete assigned responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, sit, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and drive a vehicle. The position requires accurate depth perception and manual dexterity to operate equipment. The position also requires heavy work, which includes lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently. The position requires the employee to be subject to both outside and inside environmental conditions including noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS (SCHEDULE AND HOURS): The position of Facilities Director is a salaried position at a minimum of 40 hours per week. Work hours may include responsibilities on Sundays and some evenings as needed. (When requested, a work record will be made available to the Elder Council.) Holiday and vacation schedule will be determined in accordance with Church Staff employment policies.
- Directly responsible for the Facilities Ministry of Damascus Community Church.
- Will adhere strictly to all DCC policies (child safety, social media, staff, etc.).
- Meet weekly with the Executive Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Meet regularly with Facilities Ministry Team for planning, training, and encouragement.
- Workspace and equipment will be provided
Damascus Community Church & Christian School
14251 SE Rust WayDamascus, OR
Get fresh Director Facilities jobs daily straight to your inbox!