Daly Computers has been a trusted IT service provider to government and education customers for over 30 years. Our mission is to combine innovative technologies and services into solutions to help our customers succeed in their mission. Daly’s focus has always been the SLED marketplace, with a strong pull toward Education (K-12 and higher education – Public and Private).
The ideal Outside Sales Manager candidate we are seeking is someone with prior success selling custom engineered solutions to end-user IT Managers, C-level executives or to educators in a competitive marketplace. You must excel at finding, evaluating and closing new opportunities and have strong and consultative selling skills. You should be passionate about your craft and desire to be a high achiever. We will provide sales training on the products we sell and internal systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing a team of account executives.
- Build relationships and quickly develop trust with clients, as well as internal employees.
- Create, track, and execute fundamental sales activity and deliver results
- Responsible for the management of our sales pipeline.
- Demonstrated success against targeted sales objectives and quotas
- Successfully identify and engage new prospects over the phone, at networking events, and through structured marketing campaigns
- Deliver engaging, articulate sales presentations in person and over the phone
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for technology management issues, including the services and solutions Daly provides.
- Manage technical aspects of key sales support systems (Outbound campaign software, CRM, etc.) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads, lead follow-up, customer engagement and sales effectiveness.
- Train new sales resources on the use of sales support systems.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in outbound account engagement campaigns and inbound lead management.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Analyze account and market data to develop targeted campaign strategies and content on a continuous basis.
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the sales stacks, communicating with vendors, marketing resources, and outside sales teams to make sure all account, lead, opportunity and activity data is captured as accurately, timely and thoroughly as possible.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience and understanding of Channel management a must.
- Experience in selling technology equipment.
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution; state, local & education (SLED) or technology industries
- Must have technical acumen to understand requirements and objections, and to articulate Daly advantages.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, vendors, and employees is a must.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization, and time management skills are also required.
- Self-driven, motivated, and results-oriented, able to work independently, as well as contribute to a team.
- Ability to multi-task and to quickly change pace on a moment’s notice.
- High level of accountability; willing to take ownership and solve problems.
- Dedication to excellent customer service, timeliness, and the ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Team player that understands success rests on helping others to be successful.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and forecast.
- Computer proficiency within MS Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills are a must.
- Must be able to solve problems thoroughly and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to adhere to tight service level agreements (SLAs) and be able to multi-task effectively.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role; 5+ years is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of significant strategic selling experience to C-level decision makers, 5+ years is preferred.
- Strong self-motivation, an outgoing and friend-making personality, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Prior experience in outside business-to-business (B2B) sales.
- Experience in selling technology equipment.
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution; state, local & education (SLED) or technology industries.
- Professional services industry experience, including infrastructure modernization, application development, enterprise and data analytics, knowledge and content management, and business consulting.