The field technician work will be performed locally throughout the Northern VA area. Position is a full-time permanent job and is located in various educational and other professional customer environments. Typical work hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (however sometimes overtime and/or weekend hours are required when necessary). Must have reliable transportation.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate he/she is a self-starter and possess the ability to independently resolve problems; perform effectively in a fast paced environment; capacity to maintain high quality work, as well as the ability to multi-task. Additionally, he/she must have the ability and knowledge to maintain and repair of computer systems, and support of related peripherals and/or applications under leadership supervision.
All candidates must pass a comprehensive criminal background check, as well as drug screening/testing. A+. Lenovo and HP Repair Certification required within 90 days (Company paid).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide IT and end-user, operating system, and application support at customer sites.
- Provide quality assurance on system configurations.
- Perform on-site repairs of laptop and desktop computer systems.
- Perform maintenance and basic upkeep of the equipment.
- Keep abreast of new products through study of product manuals, manufacturer self-study courses and certification training.
- Meticulous usage and maintenance of DALY’s service management system, as well as compliance with all DALY and customer processes and procedures.
- Accurate and on time submittal of timesheets and expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated proficiency in basic troubleshooting.
Working knowledge of Windows and/or Chrome based micro-computer systems, associated peripherals and common software packages.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Experience & Qualifications:
High School Diploma required.
Associate degree in electronics, IT, equivalent technical school computer support certificate, or CompTIA A+ certification desirable but not required.
1-2 years’ experience on at least two micro-computers, printer, and software products currently supported by DALY, or obtained through vendor certification.