DALY Computers has been a trusted IT service provider to government and education customers for over 31 years. Our mission is to combine innovative technologies and services into solutions to help our customers succeed in their mission. Each solution is customized to our customer’s unique specifications and environment for optimal benefit, matching industry-leading technology with a sound deployment and execution strategy.
DALY is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our dynamic marketing team in its Frederick, MD office. This position reports directly to the Marketing Director. Typical work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (however sometimes overtime and/or weekend hours are required when necessary).
All candidates must pass a comprehensive criminal background check and drug screening/testing, as well as have a reasonably clear/clean driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, design, design. You'll work closely with the Marketing Director and agency partners to drive the brand through innovative content.
· Design for websites, logos, iconography, infographics, ads, emails, social media, collateral, and packaging.
· Always advocate for the consumer's needs, and be able to tell our brand story through creative execution.
· Be ready and willing to take on any task and use your own creative direction.
· Ability to craft engaging presentations that inspire audiences.
· Design DALY’s event branding and collateral.
· Enhance the DALY story visually in a transparent and well-defined manner.
· Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing materials.
· Prepare press-ready files for print and digital materials from supplied specifications.
· Work collaboratively and constructively with all teammates and executives.
· Ability to take creative direction and apply constructive criticism from team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A Graphic Designer. You have an eye for living and breathing the brand's aesthetic, color, typography, icons, and use of space. You are efficient and careful in your work.
A Creator. You have increasing knowledge and skills in layout, typography, photography, retouching, etc. You’re curious. You want to learn. You’re eager.
A Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team, as well as articulate your individual design decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task & flag project inconsistencies. You can take constructive criticism and put it towards bettering your work.
A Problem Solver. The work you create is timeless, easy to digest, yet full of smart messaging. You keep your finger on the pulse of design. You're constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences, as well as innovate our existing presence.
The ideal graphic designer will work collaboratively with the marketing team and cross-departmentally to include Product, Marketing, and the Customer Experience. You will work on projects that will be seen across digital, out-of-home, social, and additional channels as our marketing team expands. These designs will have significant impact on DALY’s business.
· BA or BFA Degree in a design-related or creative field.
· 2-3 years of graphic design experience.
· Demonstrated success delivering branded design and clean aesthetic in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with CSS.
· Extensive skills in building brand equity, typography, layout, color, etc.
· Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
· Strong knowledge of digital photography and retouching.
· Refined skills in print to produce marketing collateral, packaging, etc.
· Experience working on campaigns from start to finish.
· Team-player with an eagerness to learn.
· Self-motivated and detail oriented.
· Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.