UI/UX Front-End Designer/Developer
Dallas Market Center Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role is involved in the design, development, and maintenance of all front-end web, mobile, and digital projects for Dallas Market Center. This position requires a visionary with the ability to conceptualize and design websites and interactive user interfaces. The developer is also responsible for creating user interface specifications, task-flow, business requirements, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Conceptualizes and designs websites, internal web applications, and interactive user interfaces
- Assists in the development and implementation of digital strategies aimed at optimizing user experience for all company constituencies
- Creates information architecture elements including sitemaps, wireframes, personas, competitive analyses, and conceptual models
- Develops new user-facing features and translates UI/UX designs to code
- Updates and enhances legacy applications via code changes or CMS interfaces
- Participates in the daily process of interactive design and project development
- Collaborates with back-end developers to accomplish shared objectives
- Designs visual themes to improve website adoption, usage, and analytics
- Collaborates with Marketing to provide a consistent theme across all digital marketing platforms
- Stays current on web design trends, tools, and best or emerging practices
- Ensures company needs are properly and efficiently met in given timelines
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer
- 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer
- Strong experience with responsive web design
- Strong experience working with Bootstrap framework
- Strong experience with any of the following raster graphic design tools: Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Extensive experience with and/or knowledge of information architecture, user interface standards, web navigation, web page layout, cross-platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability, animation, image compression, and size and speed issues
- Knowledgeable in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing tactics
- Some experience with ASP.NET preferred
- GitHub experience a plus
Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home decor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year.