Dallas Leadership Foundation
Position Description Summary
Title: Executive Assistant Department: Administration
Location: Downtown, Dallas
Reports to: President
About the Dallas Leadership Foundation:
The Dallas Leadership Foundation is a Christian not-for-profit organization that develops local leaders to affect long-term change in under-served communities.
Job Summary: Under direct supervision of the President, the Executive Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with donors, staff (at all levels), and board members in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both President and
external executives and assistants, as well as staff to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
2) Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
3) Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the President.
4) Assist President in writing thank you notes or letters.
5) Maintain Presidents office files.
6) Typing, Filing, Copying and Sorting documents as needed.
7) Arrange travel schedule and reservations for President and other staff as needed.
8) Assist Marketing/Communications with mailings, data entry, creating labels etc.
9) Give Administrative Support to Programs & Program Staff as directed by President (Registration for events, sign-in sheets for meetings, mailing of information, etc.).
10) Take minutes of meetings when needed.
11) Maintain and communicate DLF event & staff calendars.
12) Keep current inventory and order office supplies.
13) Assist Program Directors with program and event coordination.
14) Order food for board meetings, office luncheons, etc.
Successful candidates for the position of Executive Assistant are expected to possess the following qualities and attributes:
1) A mature Christian with experience in ministry service, either full-time or in a volunteer capacity.
2) Understands and practices principles of Biblical equality dealing with class, race and gender.
3) Strong desire to serve.
4) Computer literate, able to navigate software programs, databases, and office equipment.
5) Strong verbal, writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
6) Highly motivated self-starter.
7) A teachable spirit and a willingness to learn new skills.
8) Must possess an undergraduate degree .
9) Able to organize, prioritize, and work well with others.
In addition to the outlined performance measures, every employee will be evaluated on their ability to perform in the following areas:
• Communication: convey information and instructions both orally and in writing
• Teamwork: participate in building consensus decision-making efforts
• Job Aptitude: perform assigned tasks
• Job Attitude: show motivation for the job
Written By: _________________________________________________________________
Approved By: ________________________________Date: ___________________________
(This job description is “not” a contract, nor intended to illustrate a complete profile of responsibilities and requirements for The Executive Assistant. It is given to each applicant as a tool to provide a general overall outline of the position.)