DALLAS LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
Position Description Summary
Title: Employment Case Manager
Department: DLF Reentry Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: Reentry Director
About the Dallas Leadership Foundation: The Dallas Leadership Foundation is a Christian not-for-profit organization that develops local leaders to affect long-term change in under-served communities.
Job Summary: Under the broad supervision of Dallas Leadership Foundation Reentry Director, The Employment Case Manager is the principal staff member responsible for providing job-related education, including soft and hard skills to clients. The Employment Case Manager will create an atmosphere conducive for clients to develop life skills that enable them to grow and secure employment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Develop and conduct initial orientation session for program participants, pre-release and post release
2) Create and implement multifaceted curriculum that meets the needs of the formerly incarcerated
3) Administer skills assessments test and any other examinations
4) Conduct soft-skill training sessions on communication, Interviewing, dress for success, etc.
5) May also be required to train participants in hard-skills, such as computer literacy, or arrange such training through an outside partner agency, such as construction apprenticeship
6) Prepare program participants for quick placements once they are interview-prepared
7) Coordinate with outside staffing agencies to secure employment for clients.
8) Provide regular updates to the Reentry Director
1) Bachelor’s Degree in , Business Administration, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or releventwork as an Employment Specialist required.
2) 2-3 years’ experience in teaching, training or counseling the formerly incarcerated or other high-risk adults
3) Experience with Adult Basic Education
4) Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
5) Ability to effectively instruct the formerly incarcerated who may not have any formal education
6) Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications
7) Knowledge of criminal justice system and/or experience with formerly incarcerated individuals is preferred
8) Ability to travel within city and surrounding communities
In addition to outlined performance measures, every employee will be evaluated on their ability to perform in the following areas:
• Communication: convey information and instructions both orally and in writing
• Teamwork: participate in building consensus decision-making efforts
• Job Aptitude: perform assigned tasks
• Job Attitude: show motivation for the job
(This job description is “not” a contract, nor intended to illustrate a complete profile of responsibilities and requirements for Employment Case Manager. It is given to each applicant as a tool to provide a general overall outline of the position.)